chapter 3

Monday, 6:10 p.m.

You slowly lift up your head, weary of who is talking to you. To your surprise, it was the feisty jade eyed boy you were just with moments before in slick black car. Confusing little shit. Nice car though.

"Come on, I don't have all day."

"Okay, okay I'm coming," you said as you walked over to the car. "I'm soaked."

"Yea no shit. I put a towel down." Why the hell does he casually have a towel with him? You open the door and sit down. You stared at your feet while putting your seat belt on, wanting to avoid any contact between you two. What made him give me a ride? You bite your lip, anticipating what you're about to say.

"Thank you," you said looking up towards him. He exhaled and glanced your way.

"I may not like you but I'm still a decent human being. Plus, my mom would've killed me, so." You look down at your shoes again, thinking about old times.

—————————————————————————
10 years ago

[Bloom by The Paper Kites]

"EREN! THAT'S NO FAIR!" the young girl exclaimed, dropping the pink Wii remote to the floor. Your mother had taken you to visit Eren and his mother Carla, the young women were very good friends, as you did every Friday night. You and Eren would normally hang out in his house's play room, racing toy cars, watching movies, having dance parties, you name it, while the mothers hung out downstairs.

"YEA IT IS! Just accept it y/n, I'm better at Just Dance than you!" the fiesty boy spitted back.

"You have the easier character! If we redo it and I'm the panda, I know I'll win."

Eren rolled his eyes. "In your dreams! I'm just the best dancer in the world."

"No you're not!"

"Am too!"

"Ugh!" you scream as you tackle him to the floor. You roll around the floor, each of you fighting for control.

"Quit being a sore loser y/n!"

"Not until I win!" Eren suddenly stopped tugging at you and his eyes grew wide. He swiftly covered your mouth with his hand and you struggled to get it off of you.

"My mom's coming! Last time I got in trouble she took away my ice cream privileges," He whispered in fear, slowly taking his hand off of you. You nodded your head as Eren stood up, helping you up as well.

"You have to admit I'm better though," you whispered back.

"But-" He paused, contemplating which would be worse: loss of ice cream, or giving up the name of 'Best Dancer'. "Fine. You're better."

You giggled and tightly wrapped your arms around him and said, "Thanks Eren". Surprised by this sudden gesture, the hot headed boy stood still while his cheeks turned a bright shade of red. He wasn't quite used to the affection, but he enjoyed it. The tightness around him, how close the two of you were, it made him feel at bliss.

Carla had entered the doorway of the Jaeger's play room and said, "Look how cute you two are! Everything okay?"

"Yep!" You responded, grasping Eren even tighter while he smiled. Once she had left the room, he squeezed you as tight as he could, causing you to lose your balance and the two of you to fall to the ground once more, giggling as children do. He stood up, offering a hand to help you up when he noticed a cut on your knee.