Chapter 3

Jennie: Let's turn on some music?
Jennie scurried over to the speaker and connected her phone.
Taehyung passed out wine glasses and filed everyone's up with cheap rose.
Y/n: Where's the Dom perignon jimin bought?
Taehyung: it's for later.
Everyone exchanged a smile
I took a swig of my drink, once again feeling left out of some joke.
Y/n: Well it's nice to get together with everyone.
Lisa: feels like we've all been so busy with our jobs.
Jennie: yeah, I miss our college days.
Jimin: Our dorm was such a mad house.
Y/n: It was made for me (I joked)
Jimin shot me a disapproving look. He never like it when I flippantly talk abt my mental health. What can I say? Its a coping mechanism. Atleast I'm not denying my problems.
Jungkook: Well I thought we could relive our college days by doing a power hour.
(Jungkook suggested, setting seven shot of glasses and a few beers on country)

Jimin: I'm in.
Y/n: I'm in too I guess.
(I shrugged)
Lisa: me too
Taehyung: Why not.
There were nods of agreement around the table, we all grabbed a glass and got started.

We gave up on the power hour abt fifteen minutes

We gave up on the power hour abt fifteen minutes. We ran out of beer and it was too hard to keep track of the times. I guess it's just another one of those things my friends have outgrown in the past few months since graduation.

The girls and I mingled in the living room as the boys talked abt football or something sports related.
I wasn't truly focused on our conversation tho. I loved speaking time with all my friends but I felt like we were in different places in life.
Hell, I started feeling that way with jimin months ago.
They're all ready to grow up and be responsible but I'm not. Ever since we graduated jimin has dropped hints abt taking next step in out relationship idk if I even want to move in with him. I like having my own space. Where would I go to be alone if I moved in with him?
I was snapped out of my thoughts when Jennie elbowed my side,
Jennie: y/n what do you think abt this?
Y/n: hm? I think it's a nice idea
I took a sip of my drink and smiled hoping I didn't said something to reveal I wasn't paying attention.
Lisa: then let's do it soon.
I tuned into the conversation for a few more mins before zoning out again. I glanced across the room to look at jimin. He was sitting on the couch next to jungkook, bouncing his knee and nervously tapping his upper thigh.

 He was sitting on the couch next to jungkook, bouncing his knee and nervously tapping his upper thigh

What was gotten into him today? I thought.
I politely excused myself and went to take a seat next to him.
Y/n: what's wrong?
I whispered in his ear
Jimin: nothing, just some wine jitters.
He flashed me a bright smile.
I snuggled into his side and listened to guys talks.
Fifteen minutes before midnight, we were all slightly buzzed. Around eleven thirty someone changed the Spotify playlist form upbeat songs to slowed- reverb love songs.
We all clumsily slayed to the music with our partners, waiting for 2021. Surely it would be better than past year.

Ten minutes left.
Jimin pulled me closer to him when the song switched. Idk why I felt suffocated, I tried not to be obvious but it became to hot in here. I felt like I was burning up. I tried to take a quiet deep breathe, but my lungs wouldn't cooperate.
I needed to get some air
Y/n: I'll be right back
I said dropping his hands. I weaved my way through the small crowd. Jimin just stood there, watching my retreating figure.
I went into the kitchen and unscrewed the cap on the bottle of water.
I chugged and took some deep breaths, hoping that would do a trick.
When I felt composed, I glanced across the room. None of my friends saw my mini panic attack. I don't want them to worry either.
I looked at the clock, five minutes until midnight
When I returned to the living room, jimin's eyes snapped to mine. I made my way back over to him feeling sad for him.

Y/n: Sorry abt that
Jimin: it's okay
He said with a sad smile and grabbed my hands again. We started to sway to the music again.
After a moment or so he looked straight into my eyes. It was as if he was trying to look into my soul.
His lips parted but he didn't said Anything.
Y/n: What's wrong?
Jimin shook his head and took a deep breath
Jimin: Y/n
Y/n: Jimin?
I raised my brows with a smile, prompting him to spit it out.
Jimin: I want yo-
He was abt to say when all of our friends around us started the countdown to midnight. I turned around and joined in.
Jimin: Dang it, this is not how I planned it
Jimin muttered

5
4
3
2
1
Happy New Year...