🖤A Long-Awaited Date💚 ✨Chapter 1✨

"Good morning, sunshine!" You heard a foggy voice awake you. It was an upbeat, cheerful voice. You groggily peeled open your eyes. A cute boy with charming red locks and purple, hazy eyes was awaiting you. You blinked and opened your eyes fully, it was Tanjiro! Your boyfriend of one full year now.

You were confused at first, but then it hit you, "Oh! It's our anniversary! That's why he's waking me up!" Your lips suddenly formed into a wide grin. Tanjiro chuckled, "Are you excited, Sunshine? It's our one-year anniversary!" You giggled cutely.

You hoisted yourself up and leaned on your arms to stretch. You glanced around your room, there were balloons and poppy decorations scattered and sprinkled everywhere around your apartment! You ran your fingers through your (H/C), messy hair.

You rolled over to the other side of your sheets to check the time, "10:21 am, not bad! Good thing Tanjiro is caring enough to wake me up early!" You laughed.

"Hm? Whatcha' laughing' at, (Y/N)?" Tanjiro asked curiously.

"Oh, just the fact you knew I'd take awhile to get ready, so you woke me up two hours early!" You smiled explaining that.

"Haha! Yup, I'd thought you would need some time!" Tanjiro cutely beamed.

You sat up fully and stretched. You peered to your right and a stream of the golden sun rays shined through your large glass window. It was stunningly beautiful. You noticed Tanjiro was folding some laundry whilst he patiently waited for you to get ready. You were confused by this and suddenly asked him,

"Honey, do you want me to get ready? I mean, your all ready to go, aren't you waiting for me?" You bluntly asked.

Tanjiro glanced up at you from his folding and shook his hands, "Oh, no, Sunshine, it's alright! You get ready whenever you want to! I'm just cleaning up the house a bit before we leave. Take your time!"

Tanjiro set down his clothes and strolled over towards you. He threw out his arms for a hug. You let out your arms as well. Tanjiro firmly hugged you and lifted you up with him off the bed!

"Hahaha! What are you doing, Honey?" You asked, chuckling.

"I'm giving you love! You deserve it!' Tanjiro protested jokingly.

"Aww, I love you, Honey! You're so sweet!" You complimented him.

"I love you more, Sunshine! And I always will." Tanjiro exclaimed.

Tanjiro had always been so affectionate towards you. He was protective, caring, and gave you so much comfort and love that you needed. Tanjiro swung you around with him in his arms. He tossed you up in the air playfully, caught you, then gave you a big hug.

You were so happy! You softly grasped his neck, and kissed him lovingly. Tanjiro was taken aback for a moment, but gave in to your love, like he should. Tanjiro embraced himself in the kiss. Finally after a good ten seconds, you pulled back and finished the kiss. You grinned in full joy. Tanjiro simpered cutely.

"Now I'm ready to get dressed!" You chuckled.

"Hahaha! Good! I'm excited for today, I love you!" Tanjiro asserted in happiness.

"I love you too, Honey, a lot!" You remarked.

Tanjiro giggled and blushed. He softly let you down back onto your apartment floor. You then proceeded to get ready. You opened your wardrobe and studied your selection of clothes. After a couple minutes, you decided on an outfit.

It was a white sun dress, coated with a pattern of yellow pineapples on it. The dress cut right above your knees and the straps were thin, hugging your shoulders softly. You threw your hair up into a slightly messy bun, and added some bright yellow sunglasses to match your dress. You sported some tan, low, wedge heels for your shoes.

And to top it off, you wore some pineapple earrings, and a white leather purse! Meanwhile, Tanjiro had fashioned a beach-y, loose, white collared shirt, with black, lime, and yellow thin vertical stripes on it. He wore a pair of black ripped jeans, with some white and green Vans. And finally Tanjiro accessorized himself with his signature Hanafuda earrings, a dull green watch, and two reggae bracelets.

You strode out confidently from behind a wall and revealed yourself to Tanjiro, "So, how do I look?" You enthusiastically asked. Tanjiro was currently wiping down the kitchen counters. He turned his head around and saw you. He paused his wiping completely and rubbed his eyes in shock.

He then stuttered, "S-sunshine, you l-look-just-a-amazing! You're gorgeous! You just look beautiful, I can't even explain how amazing you look!" Tanjiro's mouth dropped and he smiled wider than you've ever seen him smile! (Just like the photo below :) )

You blushed excessively and grinned, "Aww, thanks! I thought I'd put it together just for you!"

Tanjiro laughed and checked, "Well, we're both dressed, are we ready to head out now?"

You beamed, "Well, I think so! Where were we going again?" You asked.

Tanjiro scratched his chin, "I think we both agreed on the Breeze Oaks Darling Festival...right?" Tanjiro guessed.

"Ohh, yeah, we did! I thought it sounded really cute and fun!" You assured.

Tanjiro grinned, "Oh yeah! I remember now, you said they had (I/C/F) ice cream there! I know it's your favorite." Tanjiro lightly teased.

"Yeah! I mean, when I heard that, how could I not wanna go?!" You eagerly and passionately exclaimed.

Tanjiro laughed and finally disclosed, "Alright-y then! The Breeze Oaks Darling Festival it is! Ready to go?"

You nodded excitedly and you and Tanjiro then hopped in the car, you were ecstatic about your very first phenomenal anniversary!

———————————————————————————————————————————————