011 | lacuna of her heart

SERENA 

SERENA 

Serena felt she was on the verge of dying out of exhaustion.

She had never anticipated that Ash's words would come true, for she thought that the shopping drill would be over soon enough. Her heels dragged themselves on the posh marble, the screech deafening but her feet too tired to give in to her ear's complaining. Leaf hummed brightly as she led the way, grinning ear to ear at the sight of luxurious things that Serena could never even look at. 

She had been instinctively calculating the amount of money Leaf had been spending and couldn't help but shudder at the thought of fifty thousand euros being spent on clothes and heels. It was enough for her to buy a whole apartment and still there would money left. However, she was in no position to comment. Just because she had seen the worst didn't mean that she had the right to criticize anyone. 

"Well, did you enjoy?" Leaf turned her neck back slightly and smiled at Serena who shot a polite smile in return. 

"It was fun" In all honesty, Serena enjoyed her time if she doesn't consider the aching of her feet. She just could never get used to heels. To her, sneakers were just the right kind of footwear.  And yet, her hand was carrying another pair of heels. She sighed again. They were expensive, almost around 20 euros but Serena figured that she might as well buy them for her temporary job. After all, she did feel bad when she turned down the sweet Bianca on buying anything. 

"Then maybe, we can drop by again" Leaf hummed happily. She seemed quite content. Well, it would been weirder if she hadn't been after spending so much. It was around twenty thousand euros that the upbeat brunette had leisurely handed over to the hawk-eyed salespeople who drooled over at the thought of the commission they would recieve from the bounty bills that the shopaholic teen dropped nonchantly. 

Serena gave a tight-lipped smile. She liked Leaf but not enough to endure another torturous shopping expedition with her. It was a downright refusal. Besides, it was only a matter of time before she leaves and they won't see each other again. The other half of the world that expected people to be up at five and at one of their many jobs on time before even the sun could rise was where she belonged. The life she had temporarily hogged up would be rightfully given back to someone who deserves it.

To someone who would be worthy of assisting Ash Ketchum. Serena frowned slightly when her heart felt heavy with an uncanny loneliness. May would be with her and they would live comfortably together. She would have everything she needed. Rationally speaking, even the  jacuzzi was the hardly the reason for her to look back. Right; there was nothing. There was nothing. 

As many times as she repeated the three words to herself, the cracks in her soul somehow grew.