Once Upon a Time~

I'm Park Mi-Rae A 24-year-old successful woman, living in the city of Seoul also known as Lady Luck.

Why Luck? You may ask, Well let's go back to the beginning.

Ever since birth, I would tend to have a huge amount of luck on my side.

I was really energetic and always happy. I had avoided so many life-threatening Incidences, my parents started to think I was some lucky charm or something.

They'd invite friends over to come and talk to me asking me for luck, having their children beg me to pass their exams. At that age, I had no idea what was happening not until my parents started to do it for money as I got older.

One day it got out of hand, a Pregnant middle-aged woman and her husband came to our house. My parents welcomed them inside and called me from my bedroom. She sat down on the couch and started to speak.

Woman: I heard about your business and I need to make sure I have a safe delivery. She smiled while placing her hand on her stomach.

Your Mother: Ah yes that's no problem, go and touch her stomach Mi-Rae. She gestured her hands to the woman.

At this time you were only eight years old and kept telling yourself that it was for the best and that maybe your parents needed the money, but deep down you knew that it was wrong.

You placed your hand on the woman's tummy something didn't feel right. After a few seconds, you sat back down.

Woman: How much is it? She asked looking at my mother.

Your Mother: It's fifty dollars.

Her husband then took the money out of his wallet and passed it to my father who happily took it away from him.

Your Mother: May you have a healthy baby. She smiled and waved at the couple as they leave the house. This is when it all started.

Two months later

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Within a blink of an eye, my parents were both arrested, and I was put in an orphanage.

I guess luck wasn't on my side that day... or so I thought.

It was hard adapting to this new life, but sooner or later luck came back around.

I was adopted a year later by a wonderful family, They had two sons that were both older than me.

Some part of me was still sad about my parents, but the other was relieved that I was no longer a part of their unlawful business.

The first thing I had noticed about my new family was that they were extremely wealthy, they owned one of the largest companies in Seoul.

They welcomed me with open arms and soon I became quite close with them, we went on trips every summer and I often followed my brothers around school seeing how much I had gotten bullied because of what happened with my parents. They were my only friends.

Six Years Later~

Mom: Good Morning sweetheart, how did you sleep? she kissed your forehead.