Take Care of You

Summary: [Requested] Reader takes care of Bucky when he's sick.

Word Count: 578

Warnings: Just a mild cold

You stand in the kitchen listening to Sam and Wanda argue about fighting styles? Powers? Or maybe it was sport?

You weren't really listening as you were sipping your coffee, just appreciating how heated they were getting over something so early in the morning.

Halfway through Sam's third rant, Wanda uses her powers to flick water in Sam's face and you burst out laughing, turning to fill your cup with more coffee when you hear a sneeze.

"Bless you,", passes your lips before you turn to see that it was Bucky who emitted the sound.

You set your cup down on the counter and head straight to his side. Bucky flashes you an easy but tired smile as you bring your hand up to his forehead.

"Bucky, you're quite warm, I think you're getting sick, baby."

Bucky waves you off with a quick forehead kiss, "me? I don't get sick. I'm as fit as ever."

"How about you just rest today though? You know, just to be sure?", you ask, worry tinting every word.

Bucky chugs a whole bottle of water, wiping his mouth before answer, "I'll be fine, I have a mission to prepare for-," Bucky never finishes his sentence as he sneezes again.

"I'm fine!"

You fold your arms over your chest, "okay, look me in the eyes and tell me you're not sick."

You lift your chin in challenge as Bucky lifts his eyes to look at you. You watch his eyes struggle to stay trained on you as they water and a tear leaks down his cheek. "I'm not si-," Bucky sneezes again.

That was all you needed. You walk over to him and take his arm softly. He complies without complaint.

He follows you to your shared room and all the way to his side of the bed. You guide him under the covers and pull them up to his chest before tucking them in at the sides.

Bucky watches you as best he can through his red and puffy eyes with a warmth spreading from his chest. His eyes following you as you close the curtains, eliminating the light from the room and the suns harsh rays.

You tell him to close his eyes. He hears the TV being switched on. When you tell him to open them again he notices you've turned the brightness down so that he can actually watch despite his sensitive eyes.

You put his favourite sitcom on, placing the remote on the stand next to him. You kiss him on the forehead and hold up a finger as you exit the room.

A few minutes later you return with three boxes of tissue, bottles of water and energy drinks, and all kinds of snacks.

"If you're hungry for something more substantial then I'll cook you anything you like, or we can order take out. My treat of course, but you ain't leaving this bed unless you have to pee," you lay down the law in a no nonsense but gentle tone.

Bucky chuckles as he lifts the covers up, "just come join me, you stubborn woman."

You climb into bed, making sure to sit up higher than Bucky. You gently guide his head to your chest and once comfy you run your fingers through his hair. You watch the TV for some time, never stopping the rhythm of trailing your fingers through his hair, when you finally hear the light sounds of Bucky sleeping on your chest.