Pacey

I just got home from Buzz's house. My belly full of meatloaf. I laid on the bed and thought of joey. "She probably had already lost her virginity."
"Who am I kidding? They probably eloped in Vegas."
I sat in bed and seriously considered stealing my dad's liquor and drinking myself to sleep. I decided against the idea. I took off my shoes swaddled up in my blankets and slowly fell asleep.
**
I awoke to a very loud phone ringing. "What the..." I picked up the phone. "Who's calling at this ungodly hour?" I said in a very annoyed tone.
"It's me Pace." Joey said.
That was the last person I thought was going to be on the other side of this phone line. "Jo it's 12:30 in the morning. Unless college guy tried to kill you in your sleep I'm hanging up the phone." That was the last thing I wanted to do.
"Wait!"
"Yes?"
"Can you come pick me up from the train station?"
"Right now?"
"Right now."
"Like right right now?"
"Yes like right right now Pacey."
I wanted to ask 'what happened?' But I knew she would yell at me. "Yeah yeah I'll be right there."
**
I arrived at the train station and I saw Joey. "Hey Jo." I held out my hand to help her stand up. She took it. I noticed that her hand was wet. I looked at her face and saw that it was red and glistening. (A/N: that's what she said!) "You ok?" I asked.
"What do you think Pacey?" Joey said annoyed.
"I'll take that as a no." And started walking towards the car.
The ride home was silent and awkward. The only noise was Joeys quiet crying. I stopped at a red light. The silence became too much to bear. I faced Joey and put my hand on her shoulder. "You can tell me what happened I won't say 'I told you so' I promise."
"It's not that I don't want to tell you Pace I just don't want to talk about it."
"Ok. Ok that's fine with me."
**
"There was another girl." Joey said out of the blue.
"What?"
"With A.J."
"College guy cheated on you?" I said already popping my knuckles.
"No he didn't cheat on me Pacey, he was best friends with a girl and they obviously had feelings for each other."
"So he broke up with you so he can be with this other chick?"
"I broke up with him."
"Why would you do that?"
"I just got reminded of me and Dawson. I saw the way she looked at him the same way I used to look at Dawson. And in that instance I became Jen. I didn't want to be the other woman. So I broke up with him."
"Oh." I said I felt a sudden pain in my chest at the mention of Dawson.
"Forget about him Jo he ain't worth those tears!" I elbowed her. Trying to cheer her up.
A small smile came to her face. "Yeah I guess he isn't."