Christine(Confronting the phantom)

That night my feet seemed to drag as I walked down for my lesson. I had to know the truth. I had to confront Erik. I had to confront....the phantom. I stood waiting outside the angel statue. "Come in Christine" the voice I had come to know only too well said. The wall spun and walking in I watched it spin back around dreading what I was about to do. We started as always to sing the classics and ended as always with the ending to Faust. As I ended I heard a sigh and he said "you've gotten so much better your voice was stunning but now it's incredible". For once I wasn't letting his words sway me. "I have something I NEED to speak to you about phantom" I interrupted him. He stopped and I knew from my use of the word phantom that he knew I was mad. "What is it Christine" he said. His voice was soft and smooth like honey. I shook my head trying to stop my thoughts. "Did you murder Joseph Bouquet" I demanded trying to stand tall. There was a deathly silence and a cape sweep off the floor which I knew meant that he was no longer sitting at the organ. After a minute I knew I wasn't getting an answer. I raised my voice and said to the darkness "Until you give me an answer I will not come back here again". Spinning on my heel the wall spun around for me and I said Coldly to the darkness "I knew I shouldn't have trusted you goodnight phantom". I ran back up to my room and threw myself on my bed crying. I don't know when I fell asleep but during that night there was a cloak sweep heard in the hall and a dark shape loomed over my bed the black leather gloved hand stroking my face intently and a pair of coal black eyes burning into my face.