Chapter 5

After what Natasha said to me, her words stay in my mind.. I couldn't shake them even if I wanted to. Once Natasha was done putting her dishes away, she walked out of the dining room. I was tempted to follow but that would look oddly suspicious of me. So I stay with the rest of the Avengers, listening to Thor's stories of where ever he was talking about. Half of his stories didn't even sound like they from Earth but they were interesting. Even the skinny shrimp named Bruce talked about his experiences about the Hulk. It was in some cases, I felt for him. You know, he was monster who had to deal with the destruction of his rage. Just like me. Right when Bruce was getting to the good part of his story, Tony interrupted rudely looking almost drunk from his whiskey and burst out saying, "So Barnes.. I heard you and Natasha had a thing before." There was an awkward silence throughout the room, and everyone stared at me so I turned my head away just enough to avoid eye contact with them. "No, we didn't. " I lied to them, but Clint had to open his mouth. "You sure? You've been acting quite strange around her.." The way he said that sound like he was offended of me in some way. Like he was jealous. 

"Look, I told you. I don't like her, now back the fuck off!" I snapped back at Clint, making him get out of his seat holding bow and arrow straight at my chest. I then got up holding my metal arm in front of me in defense while the rest of them tried to break us up. "Calm down, my one armed friend.. We do not mean to upset you." Thor said trying to calm me down by putting his hand on my shoulder but I shrugged him off. Right when there was about to be a fight, Steve rushed in the dining room with his shield in his right hand.

"JARVIS told me they're was about to be a fight.. What's wrong?" 

"You should ask your friend! He doesn't deserve to be with Natasha at all.. especially since you hurt her just last year." Clint yelled at me, as I frown, glancing down for brief moment to what he said. "And you think you're going to protect her from me.. With those stupid ass arrows! I have no reason to harm her, I love her!" I yelled back,but didn't realize what I said until it was too late. I breath was shaky ready to snap Clint's neck, so I just walked past them all out of the room. Steve followed me and reached his hand out to my shoulder.

"Bucky wait!" He said, as I harshly brushed his hand off of me. I turned to him, eyes were red with tear whelming up, with my fist clenched up.

"I know Clint can be an ass but you have to listen. I know you cared for her, and I will help you through this.." Steve words sort of calmed me down but it wasn't enough to ensure my wrath. I tighten my metal fist and then punched the wall, making a hole in it. Tears rolled down my face but it was covered by my dark brown hair, and Steve just stared at me with a fearful look in his eye. 

"I'm a monster! Steve, I am a fucking monster!" I held my head tightly, sliding down the wall until I sat on my ass. I mean how could she love me when I've killed so many innocent live for the same organization who tortured her when she was a child. I've done her no favors, so how could she love me? Steve sat close to me, placing his arm around my neck comforting me with his soft words. "Shh.. It's alright.. You're not a monster, Buck." I sighed softly, wiping my tears away. "I have to tell her.. How I feel about her." 

"We will.. JARVIS? Is Natasha still in the building?" Steve asked to the talking building.

No sir.. She has left the premises. 

"See you're being helpful again.." I said, growing a small smirk on his lips. 

I was talking to Mr. Rogers.. Not "Bucky" JARVIS snapped back.

"Thank you, JARVIS..that'll be all." Steve said quickly, not wanting me to get angry again. "Alright, I think she's at her apartment complex.. She should be anyway, especially at this time. Now let's go and catch her.." Steve smirked, standing up first and lending me a hand. I smiled softly at his kindness, and grabbed his hand with my normal one, standing beside him. "Thank you"