Chapter One: Harsh Reality

Hi!
This is my first story and I really hope you like it.

Warning; I am a lover of cliché cutesy romance, so if you don't like that, I suggest you don't read this book.
I mean, I'll try to make it as little cliché as possible because even I have my limits.

This chapter may seem boring, but it's needed because the story needs a beginning, and I want Haven to develop as much as possible before meeting Noah. I want you to get to know her and what happened to her.

Thank you for reading my story!

---

Three weeks ago

"Mom," I laugh, leaning on my Mom and Dad's seat, in between them, "You can't play Kanye West again. It's my turn to pick the song!"

Mom tries to protest, but I cut her off with a smile, "Na-aah!", I whine like a child, and not a sixteen, almost seventeen, year old girl." Rules are rules."

"Fine," She finally gives in, " But pick something good."

"I always do."

I scroll trough the songs, only stopping when I get to my favorite.

Slumping back in my seat, I start singing -shouting- the song.

"All I am is a man, I want the world in my hand,"

Then, my Mom joins me and we sing-shout together.

"I hate the beach, but I stand, in California with my toes in the sand,"

We sing the whole song together, never missing a beat. When we finish, we're both breathing hard and smiling. My dad just shakes his head, smiling, and says, "My girls."

"So, Dad, how long 'till we're home?"

We are going back home from our lake house since it's almost the end of winter, and we've been driving for six hours. So, excuse me if I'm a little impatient. My friends are there, and a certain boy with the most haunting blue eyes I've ever seen is there.

But, I never get my answer. Because as my Dad opens his mouth to speak, headlights blind my vision and a horn deafens my hearing. I start shouting at my Dad to watch out, but he's already cursing and trying to get the car off the road.

But he can't, the roads are too slippery and it's too late.

As I realize what's going on, my vision blurs with tears and everything goes black.

---

Present day

I'm in a hospital.

I know that even before I open my eyes. I know the bed I'm lying in isn't mine. The lights are brighter than in my room, and the awful hospital scent is unmistakable.

My head hurts like hell and my body feels like someone drowned it, beat it and then dragged it five miles with a car.

I don't open my eyes yet. I try to remember why I'm here, but my mind comes blank.

The last thing I remember is being at home, reading my favorite book, drinking tea and then- nothing.

I finally decide to lift my too heavy eyelids and look around.