Chapter Two

(Reader's POV)

'Ugh, why am I still in bed? I'm going to be late for the beach party' you thought groggily. You had just woken up at sunrise and now you're just laying there with your eyes closed trying to think straight. 'Wait, if I'm talking about being late then how do I remember arriving and never finding it'? You rolled over in your bed and buried your face into your pillow, groaning. 'I also remember walking along the coast giggling and finding... Finding...' You shot up out of bed wide awake and rushed out of your room. The weird, horned fish-guy wasn't there and you began to panic.

'Crap, what was his name!? Darn it, I can't remember his name! It started with a C, I remember that' you thought while you frantically searched around the apartment. It had a bedroom, a bathroom, living-room, kitchen, and a closet. You don't know why, but you checked the closet first. Nope, nothing there but a bucket, mop, broom, some rags and cleaners. You closed the door and looked around in the living-room where the couch he slept on was but saw no life.

You rubbed your eyes and tried to concentrate when you heard...singing? You walked to the bathroom door and pushed your ear against the hard surface as you listened. The voice sounded melodious and you relaxed your tensed muscles from your panic attack earlier. You knew it was wrong to listen in while this dude was taking a shower but you had to admit you liked the sound of his voice as he sang the notes to some love song. You would have to try and do a song together some time.

You were too caught up in your own thoughts to notice the water and singing had stopped, and the next thing you know you're falling forward. Two arms grabbed you to keep you from hitting the floor and you stood up, face flushing from embarrassment. "U-uh, sorry for...uh e-eavesdropping. I'll just...g-go..." you stuttered, turning and quickly walking to your room.

You closed the door behind you and slid down it. Great, you just embarrassed yourself in front of fish-guy. You groaned and let you head fall back and thump against the door. One thing you really hate is to embarrass yourself. You had quite the moment back in high-school that was so embarrassing that you try to never to embarrass yourself again ever since that day.

Getting up from where you sat you finally decide to get dressed and freshen up for the day. You pick out a plain outfit and head to the bathroom. You pass the living-room hoping he won't see you. You make it to the bathroom which is still a little steamy and lock the door, getting dressed. You take your brush and go through your mangled hair when you noticed an open bottle of hair gel.

It belonged to your ex-boyfriend who had once been your best friend since third grade. He always had spirit and determination, always striving to make his dream come true. As you both got older and moved on to high-school you started to feel more for him than just friends, even though you knew it was wrong. You knew he would one day have to leave you to achieve his life-long dream, but you didn't care because by then you secretly loved him. And when tenth grade came around, you confessed your feelings for him, only to have him reject you.