Chapter 2: The Mission

Meanwhile, on the other side of the facility. Cristopher ran over to a certain table near the cafeteria. He smiled upon seeing the person he was looking for, the person he always hangs out with whenever he is free from missions and tasks assigned to him. Being a trained assassin of the association called 'Blood in Roses" gave him very little time for himself. Although he knew, the best thing he ever experienced in the said association was to have an awesome partner alongside him.

"Hey, Crissy!" he shouted over the sea of people chattering in the area, slipping through busy bodies and finally arrived over at a table. Sitting across another woman who seemed to be only in her early 20s. she raised an eyebrow over at Cristopher as she bit onto the sandwich that she was currently eating; hence, it was lunchtime.

"What ya' got there?" Cristopher questioned, although it was already pretty obvious in the woman's perspective.

"My lunch and please call me by my real name. I hate it the most hen people give me silly nicknames." she stated and continued her meal. A bottle of water right beside her. "We are still not that close." She added in quote, finally placing her sandwich down on the paper plate and drank a mouthful of mineral water.

The statement caused Cristopher to rub the back of his neck in an awkward manner and advert his gaze.

"Right... Crystal. Anyhow, have you heard about the news recently?" Cristopher inquired, placing his elbows on the table and leaning forward to the woman, who's name is Crystal.

She seemed to be preoccupied with finishing her meal before giving any care or concern to whatever news which her companion has to gossip about.

"Let me guess, it has something to do with VGC?" she guessed, which earned her a grin from Cristopher as he slammed his palms over at the table in enthusiasm.

"Bingo!—wait, how did you know?" he questioned in sheer surprise. "I'm pretty sure you don't give a damn about anything. So, how did you know?" he questioned once again.

A sigh left the female's lips as she finally finished her meal and drank a sufficient amount of water for her fill. Finishing the entire bottle in the process before crumpling it within her hand and throwing it far away, shooting it straight towards the rubbish bin which was a few feet away.

"Of course, I know. You are assigned to keep an eye on them, and your news and gossips are always related to the Valencia household," she stated, crossing her arms and leaning back on the chair where she sat on, with her leg over the other. "I have a feeling, that the Boss will take action after so many years of surveillance." she continued, flicking her tongue over at the mention of her superior.