Ch. 1 ♦ New School, New Beginning

All the Hogwarts students that were going to The Salvatore School were now gathered at the entrance door, ready to depart to Virginia. Their luggage was stacked next to them and their friends stood with them. Though, from a distance, you could see that the Slytherins stood away from most of the crowd. Or, the crowd stood away from them.

"Now," pronounced McGonagall to the students, "as you know, the school that you're about to go to is a school like no other. I'm certain that your parents have already informed you who goes to The Salvatore School. Cause if they didn't, you might be freaked at first from what lies behind those walls. Please, for my sanity, have a fellow classmate or friend fill you in on what was said in the letter I sent to your parents."

With that, McGonagall gave the students a few more minutes before the teachers, some parents, and herself grabbed a group of students and apparated to Virginia. The students looked up to see metal gates in front of them with a sign that said "Salvatore School For The Young and Gifted". Students being kids began to whisper about the school they have yet to see.

Behind the gate was a dirt road that led to the school that the Hogwarts students have yet to lay their eyes upon. McGonagall hushed the students to get their attention. It was still dark out, due to different time zones, and all the students saw were trees and the road leading to the school. There was no indication that someone was there to show them the way or any light leading the path. 

"Hello?" Ron yelled. Hermione smacked him in the chest. A couple of laughs from Ron's outburst. But, his outburst was worth it, a light was now shining on their faces from beyond the gate. It soon lowered to their feet. 

"It's okay - it's the new students," said a female voice. 

"Dissera portus," said another female voice. Suddenly the lock on the gate opened then after saying the word 'patere' and the gates open wide for the Hogwarts students. 

With the approval of McGonagall, the students followed the females down the dirt road. The students were talking, as usual, already describing what they imagine what their temporary school will be like. After turning a corner, they finally laid on the great estate. Stories of structure with craved beauty. The front yard was beautiful, to say the least. Fairy lights above the entrance of the building, making it have the magical entrance it deserved. 

The whole site was just as beautiful and marvelous as its individual parts. 

To say the least, the students were amazed. Sure, they practically lived in a castle for half their lives or so but seeing this site was still amazing to them. 

"We'll show you to your dorms, and then tomorrow, we'll give you a proper tour of the campus." Now, that they had proper light, the students were able to see the two females' features. One had snow-white hair and the other auburn hair. They were true beauties in their own way. 

They split up the group into age categories and showed each one their rooms and, due to limited space, Hope (the girl with auburn hair) was willing to share her dorm. Only two lucky girls were picked to be dormmates with her because of the special circumstances - Hermione Granger and Lizzie Saltzman (the girl with snow-white hair). True, Lizzie wasn't a Hogwarts student. But, Hope really didn't like any of the other girls. So, with the persuasion of Alaric, Lizzie became her other roommate. 

"Welcome to your new dorm, Hermione." Lizzie and Hope greeted Hermione into the dorm with open arms.

"It's great," said Hermione with a smile. Each of them had its own space - including a good-size bed, desk, chair, etc. They even had their own bathroom. Two of the space were filled with items to show a person's personality. The empty space, Hermione's space, was waiting to be filled and showcase her personality as well. 

"Well, tomorrow is really going to be an off day for everyone as you guys get familiar with the school and the students as well," said Lizzie. She sounded like she was a really sociable person by the way she talked. "So, I guess there really isn't a curfew tonight. Why don't we stay up late trying to get to know one another?" 

"I'm done with that. But, I assume, you guys probably know each other well."

"Oh, not really," confessed Hope. 

"Yeah, Hope isn't that sociable as I am, but she working on opening up." 

"That's good."

"She's Lizzie, by the way." 

"Hermione."

"Oh, I know. I personally chose you to a dorm with me. Before the whole 'exchange program', I didn't have any roommates due to what I am."

"Don't you mean who?"

"No," Hope said, sadly.

"She a tribrid - werewolf, vampire, and witch. Only one of her kind," said Lizzie. 

"What? Really? I never heard of a tribrid." 

"Well, technically, at the moment I'm only a hybrid. I haven't activated my vampire side yet." 

"If you don't mind me asking, how would you active it?" 

"Probably just like how you would make a new vampire, by dying. Whether or not I'll be immortal like most of my family is the real question."

"Immortal?"

"Any other vampire would die under certain circumstances. However, my family, the Mikaelson's aka The Original Vampires, can't-..." When Hope stopped talking, Hermione knew that something was bugging her. Her theory was that maybe some in her family did die, even though they couldn't. 

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it." Hope looked at Hermione with tearful eyes and smiled while nodding her head, a way to thank her for understanding. 

"I'm sorry to hear about what happened at your school," said Hope in a low voice. 

"Me too," Lizzie said. Silence filled such an aesthetically pleasing room. 

"Why don't we go to bed?" Lizzie suggested. The other girls nodded their heads in agreement and began to prepare themselves for bed. There was small talk during that time, but nothing worth mentioning. Hermione unpacked a few of her thing - such as her hygiene products, some of her clothes and books, and a couple of her personal items - and then prepared herself for sleep. Laying in the bed was what Hermione could imagine what it would be like she laid on a fluffy cloud. Turning her body just a little bit, Hermione turned off her bedside lamp. 

The lights within the estate all began to turn off, the cool air taking the space where the warm lights lit. Snores and dreams fill dorms. 

If only things could be this peacefully.