WTF is this mainstream love shit

A wonder, something not processed but birthed. A conception that often starts from an uninteresting occasion. Sometimes people live ages in denial of them being in love- the duration of "ages" varies with how delusional the rest of your life is. Most imagine pleasant parisian ways of romance, with cuddles and hugs, meaningful expressions of care and attention to detail are all markings of such fantastical situations.

There is always something different about the person one's heart decides to fall for. And it is this person that they fantasize about in the most secret crevices of their hypothalamus. When they look for reasons why this person was the chosen one, they stumble upon a shadow of an answer but truthfully, it is a fateful occurence. If in that time love doesn't deal all its cards, you will meet again with them under different circumstances. And you will be together- for how long? No one can say, but destiny is the only thing that binds two hearts. If destiny is against your pairing, there will be a lonesome heart wandering out there waiting to be claimed. Even if you reject your Chosen, you will constantly run into them and feel the torment of separation. 

Love takes one to a different plane. Its not unlike the high of marijuana, or the adrenaline of the drop. It is unity with the soul. Like in the seconds that one feels utterly one, after a really good yoga session, when watching a baby sleep, when you hear the breeze rustle the leaves outside your french doors and slowly drift into your home, bringing with it the scent of the clear blue sky. 

Love and interromantic relationships are a favorite subject for artists of all scores. Because it is a different plane. Ever really listen to lyrics or really feel the gentle waves of water with every movement when stewing in a bath tub? It is calm on the foundation,  a revelationary state. The excitement comes from the energies of those involved with, their aura and what life has taught them. Secrets and passions, poetry and beaches, cooking and cuddling- all secondary to this foundation but still important additions. 

And yet it is so difficult. The ease with which the hearts grabs the chosen one, but to bond over meagre things is too damn diffcult. So I wish you all the best. 

Love-

Ayesha Sheikh