Ant and Alpheus

Ant's POV
the ring is smooth silver with turquoise in it like mine. I thought to give it to him once he boarded the Arronax but I didn't have time until now. we walk back to my room chatting easily as Alpheus stares at our rings. "they're beautiful..." he breathes trailing off as we reach my room. pretty soon I tell him about my idea for ARIA, he agrees it could work. I look up at Alpheus as we lift up my mattress and place ARIA on the side by the panel. Alpheus climbs in and I lift ARIA over to him. I run and grab the wires on my desk before jumping down to the tunnel. we make our way to the cross section and I lift a panel off the wall revealing a set of wires and a screen. we plug ARIA in and upload her into the database. we then ask her to set it so she's only working in the tunnels. as we test it Alpheus tells me some more about his family. his mom is the one descended from Lemurians. he says she left a few years ago. he asks ARIA to show me a picture and I think she is very beautiful. his dad died when he was young and he never had any other relatives. I smile. "we are technically your family. people think we're great and all but I think we're pretty normal. I know people like Fontaine find me annoying but really I'm not that excitable as people think. with what I'm going to show you later I hope you won't think that anymore." Alpheus has his face hidden from me and when he turns back he has a tear running down his face. I gasp and quickly wipe it off. he hugs me very gently, I can feel his shoulders shaking as he cries silently. one more thing about awakening my Lemurian blood is that it has changed me. in more ways than one.
Alpheus' POV
When Ant gives me the ring I gasp in its beauty. I notice he has a similar one on his right hand. they're both silver and turquoise. mine has a pattern of a shell representing my bloodline of the Royals. Ant's has a more feathery design with a sun on it. I put it on and it fits perfectly, I smile at Ant and listen in amazement as he tells me about how they found Lemuria. I've noticed Ant has changed a lot. even more so in the tunnels. he's kind, considerate, serious and respectful but he has a feel as if he could rule. well I should hope so. As Ant pulls me along the tunnels I ask ARIA what the time is. "2:23 am." where are we going this late? We arrive at what I have come to recognise as an exit and Ant pushes it open. we sneak round the shadow knight and I see Nereus and Kaiko there. I can hear Fontaine's footsteps coming quickly down the corridor. we hurriedly slip out and join Kaiko by the scuba gear. I take a mask and flippers. Ant takes nothing. "hey you forgot your.... nevermind." I trail off as he jumps in the water. I dive in and see Ant writhing in the water, there's bubbles surrounding him and I pull him out quickly. he lies on the ground panting and scratching at his neck. when he takes his hand away I see thin lines running across his shoulders. he dives back in and without a word everyone else does. as we wait for Fontaine I ask Ant about what happened. he's sat at the bottom of the pool and start to head to the surface expecting him to follow. I'm amazed when I hear his voice clearly under the water. I turn and look as I see his hands and feet start to web. his neck has little gills on it that move as he breathes. wow. I stare in wonder before Nereus taps my shoulder. I gesture to Ant as we surface. Fontaine's here. "wow Ant that's amazing!" he just smiles and winks in response. "ughh. Ant it's time to give Jess her presents." Fontaine says. "oh right sorry." I watch as they clasp hands and the presents vanish. "woaah."

726 words hope you enjoy!