Chapter 9

"Right well she blames you."

"For what?"

"Everything."

Amy stared into the metallic napkin holder. I hoped she wasn't trying to check on her reflection. One she looked awful, something with all things considered I didn't think she'd be able to handle at the moment. She prided herself on her pristine appearance and attire. Second that napkin holder had so many greasy fingerprints on it I wasn't sure seeing a reflection would even be possible.

I leaned forward a bit. My arms pressing into the table.

"Define everything? Like do you mean the fall of the Roman Empire kinda everything? The Hindenburg? Or like the murder strippers? Cause I'll have you know I wasn't alive for the Roman Empire or the Hindenburg. So, not my fault."

Amy leaned back in the booth. Still staring into the opaque napkin holder. Maybe it held some kind of answers to the universe that I was missing the signal on. 

"Lucky them." She murmured.

"And the murder strippers-also not my fault. I didn't invite them, so not my fault they showed up. And the fact they decided to murder also not my fault. I know my morals are a little loose, but I don't condone murder.  Unless Brussel sprouts are involved. Then murder is the answer."

"Obviously the murder strippers." Amy snapped.

"Wait-hang on you're telling me Panda Express knows about this? How?" I demanded.

Amy rolled her eyes, "everyone knows. It's everywhere on the news and I told her."

"Oh, what do you know? You just woke up from a two-week coma! And your told me you don't remember anything!" I scoffed.

Amy folded her arms across her chest, "it's coming back to me in bits and pieces."

"If you don't have the full story then you definitely shouldn't be blaming me."

"I didn't say I was. I said she was." 

I arched an eyebrow, "so, you don't blame me for this?"

"Oh, I do."

"What?! How the flying hell is that fair?"

"Things are coming back to me and I seem to remember you egging the guy on."

"So? That's a far cry from murder and I wasn't even egging him on! I was defying him! Something nobody else was able to do!"

"What so I should thank you?"

"I don't know maybe."

Amy didn't answer. Her expression soured, however.

"This really is not my fault. I didn't do that back there. I barely understand what happened myself. And everything I've been through. I really don't see how fair it is for you to blame me for all of this! You cannot blame me!"

"Unbelievable." She muttered.

"What?"

"Of course, you're making this about yourself! Do you ever shut up? You went through a lot? I'm so sorry that your appearance got a little messed up. It's great that you're taking a little pride in how you look but how convenient for you to do so now! News flash Inessa you didn't lose much. You weren't that great before. And Bryan! Gosh do I feel bad setting him up with you. Not that you even give a damn about him. This is not about you. You are not a victim here. So shut the hell up. Everything you've been through, hah!" Amy scoffed.

"Come on did you even like half those people there?"

That was the wrong thing to say. Amy uncrossed her arms violently gripping the table. Her eyes aglow with rage. She barred her teeth as she spoke.