party (part 2)

I always feel bad when I have drunk conversations with people then don't remember them later, which is what I feel like happened the next few hours with Timothée. Turns out I do remember all of it, but Timothée is ridiculously good at talk a lot while saying nothing.

His green eyes kept dipping from my eye contact, checking me out or observing my hair. It made him seem even more influenced than I thought he was.

We'd made it to a hallway area after awhile but he never made a move to get closer, just to where he could hear me. I wasn't even sure why he was listening to me spew unfiltered information for so long when he didn't even seem that interested, just wearing the same amused smile and nodding. Most of the time he wasn't even looking at my face, which I don't mind really.

"Do you want my number?" I asked, watching him shift back and use the wall for support. His slightly oversized jeans hung from his waist and sweatshirt slung over his shoulder with one arm hanging out and half his chest exposed.

His eyes crinkled, his amused smile actually giving some light to it in a soft laugh. "Do you think I'm ready to date?" He asked, the question rhetorically but almost seeming genuine. I shook my head.

Okay so I haven't really hooked up with a lot of people before. Like maybe two old boyfriends in high school that really didn't last that long kinda inexperienced. Nor do I believe dating in college is the smartest move. But isn't hooking up supposed to be simple? I hear people talk about it all the time, including the friends I've made here. While I do go out and get drunk with my friends at the gross frat party's just for free drinks, I have yet to get over my fear of sleeping with a random person like that. I don't think I'm going to fall in love, it's more of an anxiety thing you know.

But Timothée hadn't stressed me out yet, he seemed mildly interested in me and definitely seemed to like looking at me. I spoke before I could think too hard about what I was proposing, "well not date, just like, if you're ever lonely."

A chuckle, "do you think I'm lonely right now?" He asked.

"Maybe a little."

He took a breath, taking a sip of the drink in his right hand, "what do you think you're gonna do about that?"

"Give you a distraction," I offered.

He leaned down, the first time he had moved closer to me. The shadows in the hallway made the dark spots below his eyes appear darker. "Are you offering to let me use you?" He asked, clearly as he could manage in the wave of alcohol that's hit him in the past hour.

I remember not knowing what to say, instead I reached down to where his phone was sticking out of his front pocket. I pushed it into his hands, all in two quick motions. He didn't even really react to it, taking the phone and unlocking it to let me put my number in.

When I handed it back there was a dip of silence just long enough for his group to come by, rounding him up with the threat or leaving him ride-less.