Mini Stories

Here's a few mini clips from or about the main story, some are Canon, some aren't, some were canon before they were changed. Some didn't make it into the story. But here's a few mini stories, enjoy!

Set Sky On Fire

"Miles?" I asked as we lay on the grass under the stars...
"About the concert..." I continued...
"The concert? What about it?" He laughed.
"We... We kissed, didn't we..?" I asked... I was so drunk that night I didn't even remember...
"Yea, two songs straight" He chuckled...
"Listen, I hope your not mad about it or anything..." I said.
"Mad? We were both drunk! Kyle, we're still young, this is what it's all about!" He said...
"The world is ours! We're just kids, it's these years we're meant to make dumb mistakes!"
"Besides... I liked it..." He blushed slightly as he turned his head to look at me...
"Miles, I-" I was cut off by a loud noise... The fireworks were going off... The brightest colours filled the sky... I always loved fireworks... But they hurt Miles eyes... So we never went to see them... But he insisted we went tonight... He jumped everytime the sound filled his ears... And he had to squint his eyes, but he was still adorable... Loud noises always scared him... I held his hand as we watched the sky catch fire...

Memories

The music is deafening... Amelia went to the bathroom, shame, her favourite band is playing right now... Kyle didn't want to come, but Miles insisted, eventually Kyle agreed... Miles was cheering, he couldn't see the stage so Kyle insisted he get on his back... Miles sitting on his shoulders... He only agreed to come if Miles paid for everything... So of course, he's drunk as hell... Amelia was taking too long, so I went to find her... She was getting a drink from a stand...
When we got back to the other two... There was a love song playing, it was Miles' favourite song... And it looks like Kyle didn't mind it either... One hand on his waist, the other on the back of his head... Kyle had pulled in Miles, and was kissing him... After a minute or five, they parted... Miles ran over to me, a mixture of embarrassment and excitement on his face... Its such a shame Miles doesn't drink...

Till Death Do We Part

I've been here for years now... The top of this feris wheel... Not a single sound... Not a single person... But I'm still haunted by him... Miles... All I could do here was think... I thought about many things... Unlocking secrets over the years... But I never was able to answer one question, forever present in my mind... Was it my fault? What if I never broke up with him? What if I never said yes at all? What if I said no to Kyle? All of it... I could have prevented all of it... Did Miles deserve any of this? I thought I'd never know... But one day... The forever taunting red sun took shape... The light began to twist into a figure... It walked across the sky like a path of glass... Then it spoke to me...
"He's happy you know, Miles..." I still couldn't speak... But this thing could hear my thoughts...
"What are you?"
"Me? Well... I suppose you'd know me as the devil"
"I'm the one that put you here, now, do you want to see him? Miles?" I just nodded... The flames the figure was formed from got brighter and brighter, until everything was white... When the light faded... I was in a forest clearing... Miles was laying on the grass, watching the clouds... Only, next to him was Kyle... They weren't fighting... They were happy, laughing together...
"You can take his place if you want" The figure told me... I hesitated for a moment... But, when I looked at him... Finally happy, truly, happy... I couldn't bring myself to take his euphoria from him... I shook my head... Besides, I deserved this...
"I'm sorry, Miles..." I said before it all went dark again... And I was back on the feris wheel...

Burned Photograph

"Holy shit..." I said outloud... It was sports day, the final events were foot races... I had won all the previous games... But this race... As the whistle was blown... Fifteen people sprinted off the line... I was first place for a moment, before someone passed me... All I saw was his hair... Long, red hair... As he overtook me... He won the race by two and a half minutes...
As me and one of my friends stood on the podium... That boy walked up to us... And took his place as second...
"Miles Fox..."

Death Can't Part Us

I've been here for years now, just dancing eternally with him... His face all I can look at... This music all I can hear... But part of me, everyday... Wished this was real... Wished that it didn't end the way it did... I wished that I could have been with him instead... After afew months, the movements, the words... They stopped being unwilling... I started to dance with him... I started to enjoy it... Until oneday... The door opened...
A cold breeze shot through the warehouse... As a figure walked in... Dirty, torn clothes... Covered in blood... Short, messy bone white hair...
"Kyle?" He asked... The fake I was dancing with faded into smoke as the new one walked towards me...
"Miles? Are... Are you real?" I asked... He smiled brightly before tackling me to the ground...
"Kyle! It really is you!" He cried into my chest... His tears staining the fabric...
"I love you"
"I love you too, kit..." I said as I stroked his hair...