Chapter 15

... She needed to apologize to him, but what the eyes don't see, the heart doesn't feel.  Maybe if she forgot about that matter, everything would work out and the two of them would stay on.

----------

Andy spent the rest of the shift thinking about the consequences of what he had said if Robert had heard or got to him what she had said.  It was only brought back from her thoughts when the alarm went off.  Fire in a hospital.  At the Gray Sloan Memorial.  Along with everyone else, he ran to the truck.

Fire where people save lives, it was the end of time.  As soon as they arrived, they saw it was somewhere on the upper floors.  Andy didn't remember what was on that floor- "Alright guys, pay attention here. I want you to see with all the doctors still inside which patients can leave and which ones need to stay in the hospital. Anyone who needs to stay in a device that needs of energy that's close to the fire, it's going to be accompanied by one of you. Everyone inside now. We need to know who to take out and start containing."  - 19 and 23 entered as soon as she finished giving orders.  As soon as he caught sight of Meredith in the midst of all that mess, she ran to see how she was- "Are you okay, Meredith?"

"I think so, has anyone gone in there yet?" -she seemed to have thoughts in another world.

"Everyone got in. Hospital fires have a different protocol. Can you tell me where it happened?"

"In the hyperbaric chamber room..."

"Hyperbaric chamber? What is this?"  -Andy until then had never heard anyone mention about it and didn't know how it worked.

"Lots of oxygen in the same place..."

"Oxygen in the same place... ok. Guys, I need you to be more careful with this call. The fire is in a place with a high concentration of oxygen."  -everyone answered her and said they hadn't arrived at the place yet.

Some time they found that no patients were close enough to the fire, so a retreat would not be necessary.  Everyone left for the room where the fire was taking place.  Andy, who was hearing a lot of voices and noises over the radio, was starting to get worried- "Gibson? Bishop? Can someone answer me?"

"Captain... I think we have a problem. The fire is inside the hyperbaric chamber, there's a lot of smoke here... and the door just closed and it doesn't open at all... the smoke has no way out."  -Bishop informed her over the radio.

Her entire team was inside, there was no one to help either Andy or them right now.  She needed to think of something.  Maybe his superior's help would be a benefit- "I need you to do me a favor, Dr. Grey. Call station 19 and tell them to call Chief Sullivan. Tell them we have a fire department and the captain has had to get into the place of fire."  -That said, Andy entered the building and went looking for them.

Robert was at home enjoying his rest, as it was not necessary to be at the station, but his plans changed as soon as he received a call.  He was curious when he looked at the cell phone screen and saw that it was from the Station.  He was rarely asked to be there, outside of his working hours- "Hello?"

"Boss, the team is on a call at the Memorial Grey Sloan and Dr. Grey has called the station. She has asked to inform you that Captain Herrera has requested her presence there."

"Okay. Thanks. I'm on my way."

It was unusual for Andy to ask him to be on the spot.  She was usually able to control the situation on her own.  The thought that she was avoiding any mistakes because of the big bullshit he had said came back to haunt her head, but she kept her focus on getting to the scene as quickly as possible and solving the situation.