↳ winter nap

{ in which the two main protagonists take a cool winter nap together <3 }

     "HM?" raising up, Koda blinks a few times, trying to readjust to the lighting of the bedroom

     "HM?" raising up, Koda blinks a few times, trying to readjust to the lighting of the bedroom. He had almost fallen asleep, and realized it when the sounds of Lake moving about in the living room spread through the house.

     "I asked if you wanted something to drink," they say, their voice echoing off of the walls and into the bedroom.

     "No, 'm okay," his own voice is groggy and full of sleep. He rests his chin on his hands, eyes occasionally fluttering shut involuntarily.

     "Sleepy?"

     "Yea.." He whines softly, nuzzling into the blankets and adjusting his position on the bed.

     "I can turn the heat up so we can nap if you want," Lake finally comes back into the room, two cups in either of his hands.

      "Said I didn't want anything," Koda raises up again, rubbing his eyes gently with one of his hands, "thank you." He grabs his drink, crossing both legs and facing his boyfriend.

     Light from the window beside their bed drifts into the room, illuminating the spot that Koda's sitting. The cold chill of the winter air bites at his skin, making him shiver and sniffle. His cheeks and nose are both as cold as they can be, to which he raises a hand and rubs his face again, trying to warm himself up.

     "It's hot chocolate," he hears Lake say from beside him, urging him to drink it. Neither of them had eaten much that specific morning, besides some fruit and Lake's already on his second cup of coffee.

     "I don't know, I'm not really thirsty, I just wanna nap," Koda yawns, closing his eyes momentarily and almost falling asleep sitting up.

     "Drink," Lake nudges his shoulder, forcing him back awake.

     "I don't wanna, just lemme cuddle you."

     "No cuddles until we're both finished," he takes a sip of their coffee, smiling softly and pecking the other boy's cheek, "until then, we can watch youtube," they turn to grab the remote and click play on the roku tv, watching as the person they had been watching continues playing the video game.

     Sighing, Koda sips his hot chocolate, knowing that Lake isn't going to let him cuddle them until he's finished it.

     The person playing is all that can be heard for quite a few minutes. The clicking of their mouse and the video game noises ring through out the entire house, since the bedroom door was open.

     Shark, where he was in his bed, rises up from his sleep and crawls over to the bed, whining as he climbs up the sheets and rests his head in Koda's lap, facing the screen. Koda pets his head, whispering a soft "hello Sharky," and letting him stay up there with the two of them.

     "Where's Kyle? He and Shark should nap with us," Lake makes soft pspsps sounds with his mouth, watching as the little husky pup trots into the bedroom and struggles to hop up onto the bed with them. With Lake's help, he gets up there and sits in their lap.

     "No we have the whole family," Koda's voice overlaps the person on the screen as he leans over to give Lake a light kiss on the cheek.

     Moments later, they've both finished their drinks and both animals are passed out together at the end of the bed. Koda slides under the bedsheets, placing his cup on the nightstand. Noticing his actions, Lake turns the tv off and tosses the remote to the side, placing their own cup beside Koda's.

     "Nap time?" Koda nods, rubbing his eyes again before rolling over and wrapping his arms around Lake's waist, moving one up to slip underneath their arm and cradle them closer, pressing against the lower section of their shoulder blade.

     The wind rattles the frame of the window directly beside them as Lake adjusts their shorts and wraps both arms around Koda's neck, burying their face into his neck.

     "Night night, baby."

     "Goodnight."