one

_______________________

It's just another party.One more  meaningless night like every other with the same people trying to forget life just for a moment.

She was determined to have fun tonight.She promised it to herself.This time she would be a party animal.

She applied some mascara on her long eyelashes before looking herself in the mirror.

She wasn't pleased with her appearance but she couldn't do anything about it.

Her dress was too short for her liking and her make up a bit too grown up.

Why is she going to that party again?

Right.Because her mother made her go there.Winona says she is too closed off and she has to make some friends.

She has the tendency to point it out every chance she gets like how her little sister is just too popular and she can't even stand people her age.Though that's not even the whole truth.

But honestly El really doesn't see the point in doing so.Nothing will change and she knows it.Its her last year in high school anyway.In a year from now she won't ever see anyone from this small town.

She has a few friends and that's all that matters.Even if sometimes she feels sorry for herself and how alone she is now.Some people are just lonely wolves.

Though she can still hear her mother's voice yelling at her across the room.And it's one of the many reasons she wants to go to college and disappear from here.

El remains still in front of her mirror paralyzed.Really though why should she go?

What will people say?Oh right.Its El Hopper.The girl that hangs out with her sister's group of friends (which she finds completely annoying).

Boys will check her out trying to memorize every curve of her body and call her 'fucking hot'.

And girls will look at her in disgust on their orange faces and talk with each other about 'how much of a slut' she is.

That's what she doesn't want.She judges people herself sometimes but she won't yell it from the top of her lungs for everyone to hear.
They wouldn't care what she says cause she is too quiet anyway.

"El come down.I'm late and its your fault."her sister's voice broke her thoughts.

She decides to brush her boring looking hair one last time before running down the stairs.

And while she wears her black converse her mother examines her appearance quietly.

El is almost out of the front door but Winona stops her.

"El don't make Sherry come home early again.She will have a good time so will you."and that's what she says every time she has made her go.How much of a good time she will have with her 'friends'.

El nods her head without another word cause she is already annoyed with her words like always.

She waves Sherry to get out.And they walk in her car ready to go.