Chapter 5 - A Kiss?

2nd Person POV

"Uh Alberto? Shouldn't we go too?", Luca asked as he held the book to his side. "No! I mean we should probably let Y/n and Giulia spend some time with Emilio I mean Y/n said they haven't spent time together in like years", Alberto smiled nervously. "Oh well okay yeah that makes sense", Luca said quietly. "Anywayyy what do you wanna do? You know now that we're alone?", Alberto asked, faking confidence something he was good at. "Uh well oo! Emilio picked this book out for me wanna read it?", Luca asked bringing the book up to his chest. "Yeah yeah sure!", Alberto said taking Lucas hand and instead of leading him to a table, leading him to beanbags on the floor in a more secluded part of the library. They both sat down, their knees and shoulders touching and Alberto was resisting the urge to just smother him. "So what's this book about anyway?", Alberto asked. "Look, so it shows these drawings of the solar system", Luca said in fascination, he set the book down in a way it was laying on both him and Albertos knees. As Luca flipped through the book Alberto let out small phrases like, "niceee, cool!", but truthfully his mind was elsewhere. "He could see the sun beginning to set and he didn't know how to get Luca to go outside with him, or how to establish the fact that he wanted this to be a 'date'. "Luca! Follow me I wanna show you something. We can come back and finish this later!", Alberto said standing up and pulling Luca. "Oh uh alright okay!", Luca said.

~~~~

Alberto stood for a moment and intertwined his fingers with Lucas before waking along. Lucas whole body shivered in anxiousness yet excitement. "So where are we going?", "I wanna show you something", they continued to walk. They walked all the way up the big Portorosso hill and sat down at the highest point which was on top of an old shed. Alberto held Lucas hand as he climbed the old structure. "What are we doing here?", Luca asked. "There's a full moon tonight", Alberto responded as he sat and brought his knees to his chest. "Funny how we thought they were fish before huh", Luca laughed lightly. Alberto put his arm around Luca and stayed silent. Luca laid his head on top of Albertos shoulder and Alberto laid his on top of Lucas. The two of them watching the rise of the beautiful full moon. The light glow radiating off of them. 'Okay Alberto you can do this', Alberto thought to himself. "Uh Luca.", he said the confidence in his voice dwindling. He lifted his head off of Lucas. "Yeah?", Luca lifted his head. They were both so close, face to face. Alberto neared slightly but noticed Lucas eyes widen as he looked past Alberto's shoulder. "Uh W-what are you doing?!", Luca asked loudly as he backed away. "huh?", Alberto asked also backing away.

~~~~

"Hi Emilio", Luca waved nervously and Alberto turned around and gave Emilio a dirty look. "Alright well i'm leaving you two can have fun since you clearly like him better.", Alberto said loud enough for Emilio to head down below. "Wai- Alberto!", Luca called out as Alberto climbed down the shed. Alberto opened his mouth as if he was going to say something but tears came out instead so he just ran off. "What's going on?", Emilio asked and Luca went down to him. "I- I don't know.. i'm gonna go back to Giulia's see you.. tomorrow?", Luca said quietly. "Yeah see ya", Emilio said walking off in confusion.

~~~~

"Alright bye Y/n! Wait so you still think Luca and Alberto are on that daaate?", Giulia asked. "Yeah probably confessing their love to each other as we speak", you joked as you stepped out of Giulia's house. Just as you were about to leave you noticed Alberto run bye holding his face, "or not.", you said quietly. "Alberto?", you ran following him. Giulia then noticed Luca, "Luca? What's going on?", she asked and he walked up to her room with her to explain. "So Alberto took me to this shed at the top of mount Portorosso and well we looked at the stars and.. then I saw Emilio walking home and said hi to him and Alberto ran away", Luca lied in an attempt to not out himself. "Hmm.. are you sure nothing else might have made him run away?", Giulia asked. "uh no.. nope not that I know of", Luca said staring at the floor.

~~~

"Alberto wait up! Where are you going?!", you yelled out, "It didn't work.. he doesn't like me. I'm a boy. And even if he did- like guys.. he would probably like Emilio", Alberto said tears running down his face. "But- I was so sure he did..", you said quietly. "And now.. now he's gonna tell people about me and- and everyone will know that.. i'm gay", he said between sniffles. "What do you mean?", "I tried to kiss him!", he shouted out. "Like an idiot.", he said this time quietly. "It's fine it will be okay.. me and Giulia accept you..", you said giving him a hug. "Giulia?! How does she know?", "Well we both kinda already knew..before you told me", you said and he didn't answer. "Can I stay with you tonight?", he asked, "Welll.. you'll have to sneak in but sure.", you said and you both walked to your house.

~~~

"Can I stay in here tonight?", Luca asked Giulia, "Sure! I can set up some blankets for you on the floor"