Chapter four

I didn't go to bed after Zuko and I had 'the fight'. I just went back to the house and stayed in bed until morning. I re- showered and changed my clothes for school. I put on a black v-cut long sleeve bodysuit with black distress jeans. My hair was in two dutch braids with a few strands of hair just resting on my face. 

After I  was done getting dressed for school, I packed a backpack and left. Once I arrived at the school, I went straight for my class Audi said I would be in.

The classroom had more kids in it than I thought. Everyone was in their friend group talking, paying no mind to me. I looked around for an open seat, and the only one I found was next to a girl with long black hair.  She looked to be from Eastern Asia. She was beautiful.

" Um excuse me.."I ask

The girl looks at me

" Would you mind if I sit here?" I ask while looking into her beautiful dark eyes.

" Oh um yes...." She said while sounding meek

" My name is Valkyrie, but you could just call me Val. What's your name?"

" Oh um.. My name is Hatake Haruka..." She shyly said

" Oh well it's very nice to meet you Haruka!"   I said with a cheeky grin.

Haruka looked at me in shock. " I'm honestly shocked you knew my name wasn't Hatake. Most people assume it's that, by the way I introduce myself." She said with a small smile.

" It's Japanese right? Please do be mad if it's not." I say while trying not to make Haruka mad.

" Haha, Yeah it's Japanese! I'm just glad you dont assume I'm Chinese, because I'm asain." She said while giggling

After about 20 minutes of Haruka and I talking I knew we were going to become best friends

Just before Harkuka and I could talk more about her culture, the door opened and Luc walked and right behind him was Zuko. Zuko went straight to his spot across the room from me and sat down.

Luc's eyes scanned the room and saw Me and Haruka talking to each other. A smirk grew on his face while he waltzed over to us.

" Well if I be damned... the human and the killer are best friends now. How adorable." Luc said with a fake smile

I looked at Haruka who was playing with her thumbs while keeping her head down.

" Shut up Luc, What did Haruka ever do to you?" I dare to ask

He just laughed" You want to know...?"
Luc put his hands on the desk and stared into my eyes. " She killed her family."

I quickly look at Haruka, she doesn't look at me back but I see a tear drop fall from her face.

" I-i didn't kill them..." squeaked Haruka's quiet voice

" What did you say, killer? I couldn't hear ya?" Luc grabbed Haruka's hair forcing them to meet face to face. Her eyes were slowly swelling with tears. I looked around the classroom. No one was doing anything. Everyone just  sat and watched. So I took action into my own hands. I stood up and tried talking to Luc about letting go.