彡 best friends

Today, I tried to kiss my best friend

Did you ever fall in love with your best friend?

The person who is with you through the darkest and brightest days. The person who will always be there with open arms every time you look for someone you can lean on. The person who could be sharing the same interest with you, or the same hobbies, the same passion, the same personality; basically, you act like two souls who fit each other.

Many people even say that opposites attract. But really, what more if you actually have someone who loves the same things you do?

The person who is there to laugh with you, cry with you, get mad with you, and even share an after school snack with you at the nearest convenience store.

Sure, there can be those who stay platonically attached to each other by the hips. But it's also not impossible to actually be more than that.

And Beomgyu has already thought of that over and over again. He'd stop thinking about it, but when he sees his best friend, he'd just think about it again.

He'd think about it with that awful, swirling feeling in the pits of his stomach. Feel every brush of his best friend's feather-like touches and let it consume his whole sanity and bury it to the depths of his heart. Beomgyu goes insane with every staring contest they have, in those moments when they would share jokes and laugh at it even though it wasn't funny, they'd be there supporting each other with the usual teasing and getting into each other's nerves.

To make it simple, Beomgyu was having a crisis. An existential one? Perhaps. He questions everything there is right now.

Why does he even feel this? Why can't he focus when his best friend is around? What even is this annoying thing flying around his stomach? Just why is he always staring at his best friend?

Beomgyu didn't know the answer to any of those. He was conflicted. Is it normal to think about your best friend all day? Beomgyu thinks not.

These questions, the panic he feels, being anxious, getting nervous, stumbling for words, trying to talk but ending up releasing nothing more but a mere breath—all those were the fruits of one root: Choi Yeonjun, his best friend.

"You have a crush on him," Taehyun said, straightforwardly, not wanting to burn the ropes slowly.

Beomgyu raised a brow, "What?" He chuckled and placed the guitar on the music room's floor. "You're kidding me, right?"

Taehyun didn't even stop himself from rolling his eyes, his Hyung has always been stupid when it comes to things like this. "I know I don't usually laugh while saying funny things, but do I look like I'm joking right now, Hyung?" Taehyun tilted his head as he placed the lyric sheets on top of the grand piano.

Beomgyu chuckled, "Who knows? You're pretty hard to read."

"And you're easy to read," Taehyun sat on a chair in front of Beomgyu.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Beomgyu frowned while looking at the younger. Taehyun was looking at him with a plain look, he looked disinterested about their topic right now.

Well, who could even blame Taehyun? This conversation has been going on and on for quite a while now yet Beomgyu still can't form a conclusion because he keeps denying it every time even though it's the most obvious thing in the world.