chapter 1

Evelyn Scott is 21 now and just completed her bpt course last month. She's living in New York with a friend at a rental apartment. She's from a middle class family and is trying to persue her career now. She's going to meet Iris her bestfriend since 7th grade. Iris is a year younger than her.

Eve's POV

Well my roommate is out today so it's only me now Iris will be coming soon as she called yesterday asking if we can meet she have something important to talk about. I wonder what she want to talk about as she sounded hell serious last night.

Doorbell rings

She must be here "Door is open come inside, want some juice?." She came in and sat on the couch as I was in the kitchen searching inside fridge if we had any juice but we didn't so I made some chocolate milkshake.

" So what is the important thing that you wanted to talk about?" I asked her holding my chocolate milkshake.

" Ohh. Umm.. yeahh that. It's that umm.." she stutters and is really nervous to tell me about it.

" Well... I have a secret that I have never told anyone about especially friends." She says getting really nervous.
" And what is that? You know you can believe me with your secret."
" I.. I don't know how to tell you. It's that.. just please don't be mad at me."

" Why will I get mad at you? Perhaps did something happened between you and your ex??."

" No, it's not that. It's just... Really hard to tell you about it now."
" Then what?"
" Okay I've a job offer for you... Please don't reject it. You are the only one who can do this."
" Only I can do?"

" What I'm going to tell you about will really shock you and you will be really angry at me. Whatever happens please just don't reject my request. You are the only one who can help us." She said with a really serious look holding my hand.

" I will help you whatever it is trust me I will do whatever you tell me. I will not get mad at you. Tell me now what is it?" I squeezed her hand.

" My brother..."
" Zayne what??"
" Please help him you are the only one who can do that please." She said almost crying.

" What happened to him he is fine right?"
" He.. he... Whatever we told you and Noah about him was a lie."
" What???"

" He was on his way to L.A but never reached there he got into an accident on his way and was left paralysed waist down." She said while crying.

" What?? Where is he now why didn't you tell us back then? He is fine now right? What do the doctors say can he walk again? Why didn't you tell me back then." I said getting mad as my fingers ran through my hair I was at the verge of crying.

" They.. they say he can walk again but he don't want to continue with the therapy. He has lost all his hope to walk again as he still can't stand on his own. He.. he.." she said sobbing really hard.

" What why? He can't decide that on his own he have to continue with the therapy and why didn't you tell us????"

" He said he don't want anyone to know about this especially you and Noah. he said he will contact you only when he can walk again. And if we told you he will not do the therapy."

" How can you not tell us about such a big thing??" I said crying.

" I didn't had any choice. Please help us please you are the only hope we have. You are our last hope please help him."
I hugged and as she was almost begging me to do that.

" You don't have to worry about it don't be like that stop crying I will do everything I have to do. Please don't be like that it breaks my heart." I said as tears rolled down my cheeks tightening my hug she wrapped her arms around my waist we were like that for a few minutes till we both calmed down.

" I'm sorry that I didn't told you about that I'm really sorry."
" It's fine you told me now. We will do everything we can to give him hope to help him walk again."

" He stopped his therapy last month and is not meeting anyone not completing his meals, he's getting weaker and weaker everyday. He don't listen to anyone and is always in his room. Not even Noah." She said sobbing.

"Noah knows about it??"
" I told him at the starting of last month when he started to lose his hope, thinking that maybe Noah can encourage him a little but he couldn't."

" He knew about it too and even he didn't tell me about it? "
" Zayne told him not to. He still don't want you to know about it he said he don't want you to see him like this struggling with everything."

" Please take me to him I wanna see him meet him scold him haw can he not tell me about everything." I said sobbing again.

Please vote and comment what are your views about it. Sorry if I made any grammar mistakes as English is not my first language.