⬆️ ~highs + lows~ ⬇️

REQUESTED BY @paytonsdaddy_

thanks for your request babe and !

Send it your requests via the comment section!

-

You were dating Cooper Noriega, Quinton's best friend. The two of you had sort of a whirlwind romance and never really expected to fall in love but you did.

Your relationship was hitting the 8 month mark when Cooper had to fly back home for a family emergency. You wanted to go but work at the studio was keeping you back in LA.

At this point Cooper had been gone for about 3 weeks, but things were getting bad. You were stressed with work and you and Cooper hadn't been talking very often. And when you did, you argued. Like a lot.

You weren't sure your relationship was going to make. You both desperately wanted it to. You started to fall into a dark place.

The studio was the only place you could find relief. So, you were there almost 24/7. When all you friends asked you how you were or asked about Cooper you would just lie and say you were fine and he was fine (even if you hadn't spoken to him in days).

One day Quinton had asked you to come to his studio with him so hear some of his new music. You agreed and drove over to meet him.

That morning you had a big fight with Cooper. And as you were driving over to Quinton's studio, it was all you could think about.

"I don't wanna fight!" you practically shouted.

"Oh and you think I do?" Cooper shot back.

"You know what, why are we even together if we're just gonna fight all the time?!" you finally huffed in frustration.

"Y/n... what's that supposed to mean?" Coopers voice got low.

"No, no, I didn't mean it like that! Cooper, I want to be with you-"

"Oh really? Because you basically just said you want to break up because we're going through a rough patch," he snapped back.

"Babe, I'm just really not in a good place right now, please..."

"Neither am I! My dads in the hospital y/n! You think this is fun for me? You think I'm on fucking vacation out here?"

"Cooper-"

You went on for another half hour before Cooper hung up on me in frustration.

I cried the whole way to the studio.

"Hey, thanks for comin," Quinton smiled at you when you arrived. You had tried to pull yourself together, putting on a pair of sunglasses to hide your puffy eyes.

"Yeah of course," You gave him my best attempt at a smile.

"You good?"

You didn't answer.

"Y/n, hey, are you okay?" Quinton look at you, concerned.

You just broke down in tears.

You never got around to hearing any of Quinton's music that day because you both sat on the studio floor talking about everything that had been going on with you and Cooper.

"I know it's hard right now y/n but here's what I can tell you. I've only ever seen Cooper look at one other woman the way he looks at you, with love and respect. And that's his mom. You two are young but you have something the rest of us haven't found yet. I mean, I genuinely think I'm going to be the best man at your wedding..."

You let out a little laugh.

You talked and talked and Quinton advised you to call Cooper later on. You promised you would.

"I'm sorry I didn't get to listen to your music," you said.

"It's okay," he smiled. "Another time. As for right now..? I think you need some ice cream, what do you say?"

"I say yes," you rubbed your aching eyes.

Quinton took you to the boardwalk by the beach and bought you some ice cream. You two continued to laugh and talked until you said, "wanna do something?"

"What?" He looked at you, kinda skeptically.

"Wanna get matching tattoos?"

"Of what?"

"I dunno, we'll figure it out."

You two ended up getting these on the inside of your triceps.

"It means highs and lows," the tattoo artist said. "You'll be there for each other through the highs and lows."

That night, you went home and called Cooper. You told him about the long talk you had with Quinton, the matching tattoos and ice cream, and about how you didn't want to fight anymore. You said you were sorry and asked if he could forgive you. He said yes.

"I love you y/n," Cooper said, "and I owe Quinton big time."

"Yeah, you do," you laughed.

And that's the story of how Quinton Griggs literally saved your relationship.

-

Slowly making my way to all the requests, bare with me!

Trying to do them in order!

Much love ❤️