Alone

"LONGCLAW NOOOO!" The little hedgehog yelped trying to run back through the closing portal.
"Goodbye Sonic" The owl said in a shaky voice. Longclaw blocked the portal with her wings and looked back at Sonic. She didn't want it to be like this. Leaving a four year old in a unknown planet but she didn't have a choice. The echidnas were after his powers he was better off on another planet where he would be safe. She looked at Sonic one last time. She hated seeing him like this, so terrified, but it was for the best.
Sonic ran back to the portal he didn't want to leave her. Right be before Sonic got to the portal it closed on his finger tips only leaving golden specks. The little hedgehog yelped and fell to the ground hugging his knees, sobbing. Clenching the sack of rings to his chest the only thing he had left of his mother.
What was he supposed to do now? Longclaw was the only person that loved him and cared for him now... she was gone. He drew in a shaky breath, rubbing the back of his glove against his eyes.

 He drew in a shaky breath, rubbing the back of his glove against his eyes

This is all your fault! A voice in his head hissed like venom.
She told you not to run far from the hut. And what did you do? Run away just to bring her a flower. Now they've found you and she is gone because of you!
Sonic began sobbing even harder, his quills started sparking and his emerald eyes turning into a glowing blue. He hugged his knees tighter into his chest.
Sonic swept away the tears with his glove and tried to focus on where he was now.
In the dark.
I guess it was night on this planet? He looked up and saw stars shimmering in the sky and the bright moonlight. The moonlight cast shadows on the trees which made everything a whole lot scarier than it already was.
The sparks started to die down a little, trying to calm himself with every shaky breath.
He forced himself to stand up and started to walk. But every step felt like a weight dragging him down deeper and deeper.
He wiped his eyes trying to focus on what he needed to do now.
BOOM!
The loud noise startled the poor hedgehog and he gave out a surprised yelp. It sounded like it was coming from the sky. He looked up just above the trees. BOOM! It sounded again he saw lots of colors fill the sky in sparks one after another. He hears people cheering and clapping.
Curious he walks a little closer to the sound, still teary eyed and shaking, even though the loud booms were scaring him so badly. Every instinct was telling him to run and hide but he resisted. He placed his hands on the base of the tree and peered around it.
He saw kids running around playing with each other and adults talking and eating. There were a lot of kids playing games and running around chasing each other letting out yelps of joy. One of the kids, a girl, walked over to one of the adults. Thanks to Sonic's really good hearing he was able to pick up on the conversation. The adult man looks at the girl with a grin and says "Are you having a great birthday?" The little girl jumped with joy "Yes! It's the best birthday ever!" The man smiled "Alright let's get some more fireworks!" The man got up from his seat and walked over to something sitting on the ground he then lit it and ran back.
What it was about to do Sonic was not expecting it. It shot up into the air with a high pitched squeak and made a loud, almost deafening, boom and it exploded and millions of colors. Then another one shot off and another, and another.
The hedgehog winced and let out a yelp the noise was so loud it made his ears ring.
He ran off into the woods shaking. He wished he never had done that. Longclaw told him to not be seen by anyone or get close to anyone. And of course he didn't obey her again.
The booms continued. He was an awful kid. He didn't listen to Longclaw and it was all his fault. The hedgehog started sobbing again. Why couldn't he just have listened to Longclaw. If he had listened none of this would have happened.
He wiped away his tears with his glove. He needed to find shelter somewhere to stay. He walked around the forest, the booms long gone, he looked around for any signs of shelter just any place he could stay for the night.
Then he saw it.
A little hole in the ground not very big but big enough to stay in for the night. He crawled into the hole and curled himself up falling asleep shortly after.