A Strange Creature

Maddie Wachowski went home later that evening after hours of washing and shampooing fleas and ticks off of a dog's fur.

Tom was working a later shift today so it was just her and Ozzie at the house. But he would be home soon.

Maddie went to go make a mug of coffee in the kitchen. With Ozzie following right behind her, wagging his tail.

She sighed. Today was a crazy day, she still had no idea what that weird creature was. She had searched the entire internet for animals native to Montana. And just as she assumed she didn't find anything that would explain it.

Maddie walked to the sofa with her mug of coffee and turned on the television. Ozzie came trotting over with his tongue hanging out of his mouth and put his head on her knee, whining, obviously wanting attention.

"What do you want buddy I already gave you treats?" She said petting the dog's head. Something on the television brought her attention back up.

"There is a blizzard warning for Montana this Thursday December the 3rd. We are expecting there to be at least 2 feet of snow! With high winds!" With a temperature of about 4 degrees! So try to stay off the roads because they will be slick. It looks like the big part of the storm will be hitting Green Hills."

Maddie sighed. "Are you kidding me! 2 feet of snow." She subconsciously blew a piece of hair out of her face. I guess she is going to be staying home Thursday, and Tom too.

That's gonna suck shoveling all of that snow off of the drive way.

The turn of a door knob and a jingling pair of keys hit her ears as Tom opened the door. "I'm home!"

Ozzie came running at Tom wanting more pets and wagging his tail. Tom bent down to Ozzie's level and started petting him.

"Hey babe." Said Maddie getting off the Sofa. "How was work?"

"You know the usual nothing much just spent most of the time at the speed trap, tracking down turtles- I mean- I don't do that!" He put his hands up in the air in surrender and gave a nervous chuckle.

Maddie giggled a little in response. "So" said Maddie "did you hear about the big blizzard coming?"

"Oh no, when?"

"This Thursday, we are supposed to get about two feet of snow, it was just on the news."

"Well I guess I better go grocery shopping tomorrow. I don't know how long we will be trapped inside the house." Replied Tom seriously. "I really don't feel like shoveling all of that snow off the driveway." He said with a sigh.

"Yeah" Maddie said in agreement.

"Well maybe the trash pandas will stay out of our trash for at least one day" Said Tom going to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"Tom." Maddie gave him a look

"What?"

"You know they are just hungry."

"Well they are wild animals they should be able to find their own food in the woods." Replied Tom taking a sip of his water.

"Speaking of wild animals" Said Maddie going to sit at the kitchen island. "I saw a weird animal today."

"What do you mean weird?" Said Tom joining her at the table.

I was driving to the clinic when I saw this strange animal in the middle of the road."

"What did it look like?" Asked Tom.

"It was.." she was trying to find the right words to describe it because she only caught a glimpse of it. "Blue with these huge green eyes. The weirdest part is that it stood upright. On two legs like a human!

Tom's eyes grew wide until he finally smiled and said "Have you been hanging out with crazy Carl?" He said with a laugh. "Is he making you see things?"

Maddie playfully smacked his arm. "Tom I'm serious I know I saw it. It wasn't my imagination it was clear as day."

"I'm just joking." Said Tom playfully. "But seriously that's kind of weird." There was a pause. "You sure it just wasn't some kid in a furry costume or something?"

Maddie took a sip of her Coffee "Tom it was probably like two and a half feet tall. I don't think an adult would let their two year old on the street. I almost hit it Tom! And the fur and everything looked too real."

"Hmm" Tom hummed thoughtfully taking a sip of his water. "I don't know Mads, I hope aliens aren't coming to abduct us or something." He said with a laugh.

Ozzie started barking, scratching at the back door, wanting outside. Tom put his, now empty, glass of water in the sink and went towards the door. "Alright Ozzie I'm coming."

Maddie sat there for a moment. She really wanted to figure out what that strange creature was. But for now she was tired she would worry about it in the morning.