Chapter 1~

Sunday exited her dorm room with a swoop. A few of the girls already in the hall turned to look at her, but they knew better by now than to do anything more than glance. Completely oblivious to the other girls, she continued to glide down the hall with her head held high.

She wasn't bullied. Nobody hated her. If she was to one day pack up and leave Roseton Woods, not a soul would notice. That is until a fateful Sunday during the last few weeks of the first semester left a casual group of friends struggling to grasp what had just occurred.

It just so happens that today is the fateful Sunday. Cue our casual group of friends. 

"Hey Ed? I need to borrow your notes from math class on Friday, I don't get a thing!" Lindy exclaimed when Edward Valentine, her cousin, entered the large courtyard accompanied by his best friend, Toby.

"C'mon Lin, it's the simplest lesson all year. Of course you'd be the one to not get it," he joked with her.

"Well I have my notes with me. Do you want them now?" Toby asked kindly.

Lindy was perched on the back of a bench. Sitting next to her was the quiet and mysterious Miki. In fact, with the entrance of Ed and Toby, we're only missing one person...

"I don't think she'll get it even if you do share your notes with her," Nate sneered from his vantage point across the courtyard.

"How long have you been there?" Miki asked in her best authoritative tone. In other words, she stuttered with a few of her words and Nate barely looked at her.

"Nate, how many times have I asked you to be nice to the girls?" Ed pouted, trying to keep his tone even. "Why are you even here if you hate us all so much?" 

Nate snorted, as if the answer was as clear as the blue sky above them. "I don't hate any of you. 'Strongly dislike' is a term I prefer." Shaking his head with contempt, Nate started walking across the courtyard to sit on the communal bench.

Ed was silently seething as Nate decided to sit almost directly in contact with Lindy's rather skinny legs. Toby, being Ed's best friend, noticed the muted reaction and was about to say something when a red-head with dark blue eyes ran out of the same door Nate had been in.

"Oh my gosh, so sorry I'm late guys!" she chirped, panting. Toby stiffened immediately. Nate scrunched his brow together even more than it had been.

"Oh sorry, Nate. I forgot, you're allergic to happiness," the newcomer said, rolling her eyes.

Ed nudged Toby's rigid shoulder. "You okay?" he murmured to the tall, lanky, and now apparently frozen brunette.

Lindy smirked. "I think I know you. You're Sunday, aren't you?"

The girl nodded. "I claim that title," she replied with a grin. "So Miki, how are your piano lessons going?"

"Um... really good? I just learned a new piece last week..." Miki started nervously.

Nate shot a glance at Miki, in a subdued form of shock. It had taken him weeks of speaking to the quiet Asian to get her to say anything, even if it had been to be quiet. This mysterious girl out of nowhere had gotten her to say an entire sentence.

Somewhere not-so-far in the distance a bell rang to signal one o'clock in the quiet town of Roseton and Sunday jumped.

"Oh no! I'm going to be late again! I have to go. I'll see you later, bye!" she said. With a small wave and a wink she turned on her heel and sprinted back the way she came in, dark red hair fluttering.

A confused silence settled over the group and they exchanged baffled glances. After what might have been a fourth of "forever", Nate spoke out.

"What the heck just happened?"