four.

The pansies smelled sweeter than ever and the peach cookies tasted grander than heaven. Nowadays, life was brighter and cheerier than ever before. Certainly, there cannot be a better thing than life itself.

Although you can never see the future, you can be positive that it will always end up just fine. Even if the present is bitter, there will always be something that makes it more pleasant. And as I lay here, looking up at the wonderful colors around me, I realized that she was lying next to me. I knew that he was admiring the world along with me, pointing out every bird that landed in the garden. Knowing that I would have unseen guardians watching over me was the sugar I needed most.

"Zoey!" Granny cautioned, "Get out of those pansies!"

I laughed, "You have to make me get out!"

"Zoey Mae, don't make me come and pull you out of there!" She played along and I hopped out of the pansies.

I ran over to Granny and squeezed her tightly. "Thank you so much for everything you do," I whispered into her ear.

"Oh!" Granny exclaimed, taken aback, "I would do anything for you. Now, let's get something to eat. How about cookies?"

"Perfect!" I agreed, licking my lips as Granny carried a platter of peach cookies to the garden table.

When I bit down into the scrumptious cookie with Granny, Mom and Dad around me, I knew everything would be just fine.