Chapter 6

When your mind's on the loose
Slowly wearing out like a faded old tattoo

* * *

Captain Marshall had another mission in Iran, and though Robin was not in the combat team, but he seek advice from Robin about the weapons that need to be used. Though they had assigned an intelligence from Robin's division for Captain Marshall's team, but since what happened to their team mates in Afghanistan, Captain Marshall finds it hard to trust people other than Robin.

"I wish you're coming," Captain Marshall said. Robin could see the worriness on the Captain's forehead, something that she wished she could help ease.

"I wish so, too, Captain." Robin looked around the area, making sure that they were far from anyone's sight. "Look, do not look down on this device, Captain. It may look small, but it can do everything you can't imagine."

Captain Marshall looked at the device in Robin's hand and saw a silver bracelet. "What does it do?"

Robin put the bracelet around Captain Marshall's wrist and, automatically, as if sensing a heat, the bracelet grip around Captain Marshall's wrist and it hung just nicely around his wrist. With one tap, the bracelet quickly turned into a weapon -- one like an Ironman glove.

"You want to make sure your enemies are clear from your allies because it doesn't have an ally detector. And it can only be used one time, so use it wisely."

It might be out of Captain Marshall's character, but when he called Robin to tell her that he was about to deployed to Iran and was expected to be ready within 24 hours, he specifically asked a device from Stark Industries from Robin incase anything happen. Robin was surprised, at first. But later found it inspiring that Captain Marshall is slowly accepting Tony's inventions.

"If anyone reported this, just say that you don't know."

"Are you kidding me?" Robin said. Captain Marshall was ready to hear agreement from Robin, but what came from her mouth was the exact opposite. "I'm not going to turn against my brother's invention and you, Captain. We're in this together."

Robin doesn't remember when was the last time she felt sad seeing someone being deployed without her, or maybe she hadn't had that experience since she didn't let herself being too attach with any of the soldiers until Captain Marshall. Saying good bye to Captain Marshall made her heart twisted unpleasantly.

When Robin decided to see her former chefs at the mess hall, she didn't expect to see Hammer talking and laughing with them. That made her wanting to retreat back to her working place, but to her dismay, Hammer saw her and called her. She rolled her eyes before turning to meet him.

"Robin! Hey! I was just talking about you with these guys!" The chefs smiled at Robin behind Hammer. "Want to have some lunch together? They can cook for us. Huh? You can cook for us, right?"

Though Robin's former chefs smiled and nodded their heads at Hammer, but Robin knew they were not entirely agreeing with Hammer. They work with an order and their order only came by their officers. Though, perhaps, it's because Hammer is one of the VVIPs that they agreed to cook for him.

"I'm not hungry, thank you." Robin made a move to turn back around, but was once again stopped by Hammer.

"Hey, come on. Just a lunch. I'm not taking you anywhere, though. Just here." Hammer raised his eyebrows as he waited for Robin's answer. She glanced at the chefs behind Hammer. One at the back gave Robin a worried look. Two at the front was smiling politely at Robin.

Robin agreed, just to make him satisfied and thinking it would stop Hammer from asking her out again next time. Only them in the mess hall. It doesn't feel right for Robin to have lunch with Justin Hammer, the weapons supplier for the military, on the military base camp itself. But her promised not to bother her after this.