Chapter 1

The chatter of the market always seemed to get me on edge. Everyone here either to to buy things or to steal from others.

I can see maybe three dogs. In 2025, babies were born different, having animal traits and the ability to change form at will.

The most common: dogs, cats, farm animals,zoo animals. The least common: wolves, foxes. Only because around here they were rare before all this.

The noises loud in my K9 ears. My tail twitches every few seconds. Everything about the market made me hate it. The prices, the people, the location.

The soft dirt under my feet. The hair on my neck standing.

"THIEF! GET BACK HERE!" I turn fast to see a WereDog running along the streets, people getting out of the way, like he was a murderer.

A second later I'm on the ground, the wind knocked out of me. And the WereDog on top of me!

I push him off and stand quick. His eyes a light brown. Seconds later he's gone.

Only shows why I shouldn't be here. I finish all shopping for food and supply, and go through an ally to get home.

"Hey, petty lady. Get over here." I can smell the person speaking, the WereDog from earlier.

"No thanks, leave me alone." I just keep walking, not caring if he tries anything.

"Uh uh uh, no your coming with me!" I can smell the alcohol in his breath...

"Touch me and your dead!" I give him a glare.

"Ohhh, what are you gonna do? Throw a bag at me? Haha"

"No but I can beat you to a pulp. So it's up to you, get beat to a pulp, or leave me alone?"

"Ooo a feisty one!" He steps closer.

I growl comes from my left, I twist to see a black German Shepherd, who is looking at the dude thats talking.

"That's a German Shepherd, I wouldn't even try now, they were used for police work back in the day, so I suggest that you run." He hightailed it a whole 5 meters, then tripped and hit his head, and then he was out.

"So you say German Shepherds are good at fighting?" A boys voice comes, which had startled me.

"Uhh yea, why wouldn't I?" I turn back to a black haired, skinny but muscular, boy.

"Are you staring? I'm Berlin! Your trusty German Shepherd!"he shoots his hand out to me, ignoring the fact I was staring, I take it with mine, and we shake hands.

"I'm Amber, Husky coyote mix." I smile. It's a lie, but I can't let him know what I actually am.

"Cool! Do you want any help, with him?" He points to the alley dude.

"Oh nah, Im gonna just leave him, I need to go." I start to leave.

"Oh wait, can I come with you? I'm kinda in a bad situation with my roommates." He looks at me ready for the answer no.

"Sure, I have to walk quite a while though, are you sure?" His eyes light up.

"I don't mind the walk! I'll be fine." He looks so happy, I think I can trust him, he seems too pure to be bad...

I hope I don't regret this...

•••
Hope it was good for chapter 1
•••