Chapter 2

Once me and Berlin make it to my house (more of a shack), I can tell something is off about it.

The air seems tight, almost not even there. I know something must be wrong, so I run inside my shack, to fine a pile of bones.

"Uhhh, that's not supposed to be there, right?" Berlins voice comes from behind me.

"Why would I have a pile of bones in my house? What would make you think I would have a pile of bones in my house for a reason?" As I'm saying that, I take stuff out of a bag, and use the bag to pick the bones up.

I walk out of the shack, and dig a hole. I set the bag of bones in the hole, and fill the rest of the hole with dirt.

Now I need to know why there were bones in my house. I walk back inside to find Berlin in the middle of the floor, starring at the ceiling.

I can barely hear him mumbling.

".. Amber.. Beautiful?" WHAT!? That made no sense.

"What was that Berlin?" He sits up so quickly that he almost knocks his head into the table a foot away from him.

"Nothing nothing! Just mumbling to myself." Whatever.

"Ok, let me show you to were you'll be staying." I walk over to the corner of the house, were a small cot sits.

"This it?" He points to the cot.

"Were you expecting a larger bed? My bed isn't any bigger." He sits down on the cot and just looks up to me.

"Oh and I tend to sleep walk sometimes, I am very sorry if I scare you." He looks almost sad when he says this.

"Ok, if you do scare me. Please expect to end up with at least a scratch." I look over to my own cot, and see my blanket on the floor.

I walk over to my cot and grab the blanket and sit down.

"Well, I recommend you sleep now, it may seem to early, but trust me, you won't fall asleep anytime soon." He looks at me with fear, then realized what I mean, the bugs and noises can keep a person up many hours.

I check all the small windows, and the door to make sure they are locked.

"Goodnight Berlin!" I hear a mumble from his cot, indicating he has fallen asleep.

I close my eyes and start to dream...

•••

My eyes flutter open and at once I can tell that Berlin had sleep walked, because he was standing there right by my cot, eyes still closed, but just standing there.

"ACK!" I at once stand up and throw a left hook. Hitting him on the cheek.

"OW" His eyes finally open, with terror. He falls down to the floor, and sits there for the rest of the morning.

•••

"Is your cheek ok? Sorry I hit you so hard." He just looks at me with sad eyes while holding a bag of ice with one hand against his face.

"Does it look like it's ok? Cuz it hurt like heck!" He just looks at me even longer, then for a second, I think I see him blush.

"Well I said I was sorry. You scared me, and I told you last night that if you scared me, then you need to prepare for at least a scratch." That was a mouthful.

"True."

...