Chapter Five

As we're walking, we hear a zombie. We hid behind a dumpster. It slowly creeped by. I could tell Devon was scared by the look on his face. I whispered for him to stay still and not make any noises.

I slowly reached for the gun. It wasn't there.

Oh crap! I forgot to get it from mom! We're so screwed.

I looked around. There was a screwdriver on the ground. Would that work?

Creeeeeekkkkk. I looked over with my blood shot squinted eyes. He slipped and fell on some trash.

The zombie turned towards Devon and started groaning and walking towards him.

I had a mini heart attack. My brother started screaming. That probably attracted more zombies! We had to hurry and get away from here, quick.

I picked up the screwdriver and charged at the zombie.

The zombies started to grab me but I quickly picked up my hand and stabbed the zombie in it's eye.

The zombie let go and fell to the ground.

"Why would you scream?!"

"I'm sorry!" Devon whimpered. He started to cry.

"Look, I'm sorry. But we have to get out of here! Let's go."

I grabbed his arm and we started running, following the arrows. We found a bright green door.

"Here we go, Devon."

We slowly pushed the door open. It was dark. Dark, but surprisingly clean. Shelves and shelves of food, guns, ammo, and medicine.

"Whoa. Who in their right mind would leave all of this?" I said to myself.

Devon started wondering off, looking at everything.

They had a TV, a huge couch that looked like it could sit 10. Bunk beds against one wall. They had everything. Why would they leave it all?

"Bobby, I'm tired."

"Okay. Go pick a bunk bead and go sleep in it. Looks like theres water bottles and food here if you need something to snack on."

"Okay, thanks."

I went to bed too. It felt so good to lay down and not worry about anything for once.

I slowly started closing my eyes. They were almost closed when all a sudden, I heard a car.