EPISODE 4

Shahana somehow reached her house and fell down on the floor, weeping badly. She cursed her fate for being so partial towards her. She had to always suffer for things over which she had no control. She hated God for showing her hope of lifetime happiness and then snatching it away.

Those rough 7 years of her life had taught her to be strong. So, after sometime, she accepted everything as her destiny and went to have a cold shower to calm her nerves. She was drying her hair when there was a knock on her door. She glanced at the clock and wondered who had bothered to visit her at this time. She opened the door and was surprised to find Aryan standing at the door with a bag in his hand.

"What are you staring at? Won't you ask me to come inside?" he asked with a smile as if nothing had happened a few hours ago. 

Shahana moved aside to let him in. He kept his bag aside and plopped down on the sofa.

"How come you are here? What did uncle say?" she enquired.

"What's the fabulous smell? Have you cooked my favourite rajma-chawal? I'm staying over here then." he said ignoring her.

"Aryan......" she stood in front of him and glared.

He sighed. "I have left home. If you don't have any problem, can we marry tomorrow?" 

"Have you gone mad? What about your family?" she looked as if her eyes out pop out of their sockets.

"I don't care about them if they don't care about me." 

"But they are your family!"

"It was still fine until they refused to accept you. I thought of making them understand when dad would be in a good mood. But, when I went to their room, they were discussing about my marriage with the daughter of his friend. All dad cares about is his reputation while mom's liking depends on how beautiful the girl is. None of them thought about me. Since childhood I have abided by their rules, never putting a toe out of line. Couldn't they accept one wish of mine? So, I left a note and came here." he narrated. "Nobody can separate us now." he said holding her hands in his.

*****

"Surprise!" Aryan yelled and removed his hand from Shahana's eyes.

He had prepared her favourite breakfast.

"Yay! Thank you so much!" she said jumping like a child. 

"Looks like wifey liked our 6 month anniversary gift." he grinned.

Life had been peaceful these six moths for them. Shahana had gained popularity as a singer and Aryan had used their savings to set up a small business at his own which was growing at a fast rate.

Their perfectly happy moment was spoiled by a phone call. The name flashing on the screen was enough to sour Aryan's mood.

"Won't you pick it up even today?" Shahana asked softly.

"I don't want to start my day by listening to dad's temptations. He will try to lure me by money, fame and luxury." Aryan said and declined the call.

Purab was furious at the other end. He wanted back Aryan at any cost. His business had been suffering heavy losses since Aryan left as he was the one handling most of the affairs. Sunny wasn't as proficient as Aryan.

"He didn't accept my call again. It's all because of that girl. I have to do something." he groaned.

"Can't we accept her, then Aryan will return......." Disha said in a mere whisper.

"No way! I won't accept the girl ever." Purab said angrily. "I have another plan." he smirked.

Purab called for Sunny and explained his plan to him.