5: Deaths And Kidnappings

"Chloe! You better come see this!" Chloe ran into the living room just to see Hawk Moth on the news.

"Don't be bemused, it's just the news. Hawk Moth has left a message directed to our own superheroes."

"Hello, I'm Hawk Moth and I have a message for those so called superheroes of yours defeating my akumas day after day. Well, it's clear you are exhausted. So surrender now before it gets ugly because you are not ready for what I have up my sleeve for you next."

Nadia chuckled awkwardly. "Now that was just a creepy smile at the end. Will Ladybug and her squad surrender or will they fight?"

"We're gonna fight!"

"Ok, I would usually agree with you now that we sorted that out, but who knows what he has up his sleeve."

"Na-" Chloe's phone rang.

"Chloe, did you see the news."

"Yes Marinette, we saw. That man's gonna go down."

"That's why I'm gonna assemble the whole team."

"Also Rose?"

"Yea, Pigella's coming. Meet me today at my place in 2 hours."

"I'll be there." Chloe hang up and saw Nathaniel's face. "Nath for goddsake, I can do it."

"I know you can. Just, don't die."

Chloe giggles. "Who says ima leave you 2 behind."

"Chloe, I'm serious." Chloe hugs Nathaniel and leaves. The Agreste mansion is far from where she lives. She got in the car and drove away. She got hungry and she knew Marinette's parents still had the bakery.

She entered the bakery and saw only Sabine. "Miss Cheng hello."

"Ah Chloe, hi."

"Where's your husband? He normally squeezes every costumer." Sabine gave a sad face.

"He wasn't doing well the last few years. But yesterday he had improvement and he would get today out of the hospital, but...but he passed away this morning."

"My condoleances. Does Marinette know?"

"I...uh...i didn't had the chance yet."

"Well, I'm driving to Marinette's. Do you want me to tell you?"

"If you can please. I have a lot to do and I don't think I can get to Marinette today." Chloe nods, pays for the croissants and leaves with the car. She drives through the gate and parks her gate.

"Chloe welcome. You're the first."

"Uh yeah, hi Adrien. I need to talk to Marinette. It's urgent."

"She's in the backyard."

"'Kay, thanks." Marinette walked around the mansion and saw her playing with Hugo, she looked so happy. Chloe didn't wanted to disturb her, telling her that her dad passed away.

"Marinette?"

"Chloe hi."

"Uh, I have to tell you something. Better tell you inside." they walked inside and they both sat down. "Ok, so I stopped by your parents' bakery to buy some croissants and did you know about your father's desease?"

"Yeah. He had to come home today. I didn't had the time to do so. How is he?"

"Marinette, your father passed away this morning."

".....what..?

Marinette started tearing up and almost fell off her chair.

"Marinette, are you ok?" Marinette fell off her chair and started crying. Adrien came running in and helped her up.

"Princess, what's wrong?"

"her dad passed away."

"How do you know?"

"Sabine told me."

Adrien sighed. "Marinette, stand up. You have to understand we're dealing with a bigger problem here." Adrien grabbed Marinette off the marble floor and put her on a chair. "Just don't think about your dad for today. Tomorrow you can cry as much as you want. Today, we have business."

Marinette nodded.

Adrien walked back and saw that everyone arrived. Chloe glanced over at Marinette who was trying to contain herself.

"Wait, where's Rose?"

Everyone turned to Alix who was standing next to Nino looking around."

"Juleka said she'd be bringing Rose. Let me call her." Adrien took his phone out, dialed Juleka's number and put her on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Jules, where's Rose?"

"Rose said she'd come herself. Why, she didn't arrived?"

"No."

"Bu- but she left 1 hour ago. She had to be there already."

"We'll find her." Adrien ended the call and turned to everyone in the room. Transform and search through Paris. She has to be there somewhere." everyone nodded, transformed and left. Chloe jumped through the city at the places Rose likes to go. She payed King Ali a visit. He became a king and decided to remain in Paris. No one's seen Rose for the last hour.

Many people got worried. The police decided to search too. The tv's on the appartements light up and Lila's seen on the screen.

"Hello Paris. I see everyone's searching for your precious Rose. WELL TOO LATE! Listen closely, past François High School classmates. I'm gonna make your life an absolute hell! Because you made my life hell! I'm looking at you, Marinette Dupain Cheng! You stole Adrien from me! Now I'll make you pay!" with that the TV close.

Gosh, and I wasn't that possessive. Wait, she has Rose. Shit.