16: The Battle Part 1

"Oh baby, don't be sad. Everything will be over soon." Lila chucked as she was looking down the hopeless hero. Marinette sighed. She hoped it would.

______

The gang was walking through Paris trying to have a day off. But Adrien couldn't think of anything else. Until a Parisian pointed out something red and black on the Eiffel Tower.

"He- hey, hey guys." Adrien started hitting his friends at this point.

"What Adrie- oh shit. Is that Marinette? As ladybug? Tied up?"

"Yes it's her! Let's go now! I want my wife back!"

They all stepped in the elevator and went up. Adrien didn't know if he should be happy or angry.

They got up and saw a tied up ladybug, an evil - looking Lila and next to her Hawk Moth.

"There they are. Come to rescue your friend?"

Adrien glanced over to Marinette who was smiling.

"Why is she smiling."

"She's prepared to die. I quote 'it's wat a hero would do.'"

"She'd never say that."

Hawk Moth started laughing uncontrollably. "Have you met my 3rd partner?"

"Third-" Alya stepped forwards, with a grin on her face. Everyone gasped. Marinette remained unfazed. She didn't care what happened anymore. If she died, she'd be happy

The others not so much.

"Alya, why?" Nino had years in his eyes.

"Oh boohoo, newsflash egg head, I never loved you. Cry about it, baby."

"Alya, we trusted you!"

"That's the funny thing about the whole thing. You morons trusted me. Pathetic."

"Alya, we've been friends since high school. Oh, I wonder why we fucking trusted you! Marinette, do you see this."

Marinette didn't bother to look up.

"Marinette?" Adrien tried to walk to Marinette, but got hit by Hawk Moths cane.

"You wanna get to your wife, you gonna have to fight me." Adrien sighed.

"Hawk Moth, that's my wife. Plagg, Claws Out!" Chat Noir was standing in front of Hawk Moth, baton ready to fight him. Marinette had her head cleared out a bit and could think clear again.

She saw in which situation she had found herself in and immediately thought she was gonna die. Alya just cackled evily. The person she trusted most was a traitor.

The gang had transformed too, the others who had a Miraculous came too. They needed to fight him.

Hawk Moth needed to be stopped.

____

The crowd below had become bigger as they got attracted to the heroes fighting Hawk Moth. People who were walking by, stopped to see the fight.

The news helicopter was hovering above the Eiffel Tower.

"Don't be bemused it's just the news. You are witnessing a fight between the heroes of Paris and hawk moth and- Lila?"

It was the battle probably everyone in Paris waited for. The moment hawk moth would be defeated. But by the looks of it, they weren't really winning. They needed ladybug.

And she was tied up.

Hawk moth walked over to Ladybug, fighting off Queen Bee who was keeping Ladybug safe. Chat was taking a breath.

"Ladies and gents this is the most amazing fight and-"

"NOO-"

Everything was silent.

Everyone didn't know what happened.

Who screamed?

Chat ran to Ladybug who was lying on the floor, detransformed.

"Marinette? Look at me. Please, look at me."

Nadia was looking into the camera. "Oh lord. Ladies and gents, Ladybug is none other than Marinette Agreste, Adrien Agreste's wife. She has been stabbed."

"A- Adrien."

"I'm here, I'm here." Adrien turned to Alya standing next to Hawk Moth and Lila. "Are you happy now Alya? She was your best friend. She's dying!"

Alya just started laughing.

She didn't give a fuck.

Marinette gave her last breath.

She was dead.

Hawk Moth was looking at the ladybug earring grimacing.

"Don't be bemused, it's just the news. Ladybug is dead." Nadia said looking sad into the camera. "The hero w loved all these years is gone."

"You absolute monster!"

"Chat wait!"

"Why? My wife is dead! Let me kill this son of a bitch!"

"The anger isn't gonna help you."

Purple Tigress took his arm but he shook it off. He ran to hawk moth and started fighting him.

He wasn't winning.

The rest wanted to help but they were getting attacked by Volpina and Rena Rage.

The Parisians who were looking the fight on their phones were so invested.

Sabine who was watching it in the bakery was shocked. She was watching the fight with tears. She didn't wanted to believe that her little girl died.

"Let me go!"

Hawk Moth was holding Chat Noir who was struggling to escape his grip.

"Let's see who you really are."

He slid the ring off his finger and Chat Noir detransformed into Adrien.

Hawk Moth tried to remain in character.

He was doing this for him.

Their family would be back as it was before.

Adrien would thank him.

Emilie, here I come.