Turn 5: "Friendly" Quarrel! Gladiators VS Heroes!

I'm currently sitting on the edge of the fountain in the dorm's main hall reading some books. This has started to become a habit of mine, which I don't mind because it is really relaxing here. As I am reading, I hear some footsteps approach and stop just before me. I glance up to see it was Jasmine and Mindy.

Mindy: "Sorry to interrupt you Y/n... but have you seen Alexis?" to which I shook my head as a no causing her to sigh, "She's at it again, huh?" Jasmine then nudged Mindy's side, signaling for her not to say anything more.

Y/n: "It?" I tilted my head confusedly at them.

Jasmine: "A-Ah! It's nothing Y/n! Mindy is just... a worrywart! That's all!" as the other girl nods her head frantically.

Mindy: "Y-Yes! True true! I just worry that if Alexis had her dinner or not! Ahaha..." I raised my eyebrows at them, causing them to sweat-dropped.

Jasmine: "S-So... u-uhhh... good night Y/n!" as she drags Mindy upstairs. I just shook it off before returning to my books. After a while, I hear another footstep coming from beside me, I glance to see Ms. Fonda staring at me with a small smile on her face.

Ms. Fonda: "Someone's a bookworm I see."

Y/n: "Excuse me but reading as a hobby is different from a bookworm." I deadpanned at her, making her chuckle.

Ms. Fonda: "I'm only teasing you, sweetie. So tell me..." as she proceeds to sit next to me, "any progress yet?" to which I nod.

Y/n: "Yes... but only around you and Alexis's bunch." as she pat my back for comfort.

Ms. Fonda: "You need not to rush sweetie. I'm just glad that you're making progress and moving on. I'm in no place to say this but... I'm sure that your parents would be very proud of you." as I look down, reminiscing about our time together when they was still alive, and have a sad smile on my face.

Y/n: "Yes... they would be." I hold back my tears as Ms. Fonda hug my side, comforting me. We stayed like that for a while before Ms. Fonda release me.

Ms. Fonda: "I'll head to bed now. You should go and rest too, sweetie."

Y/n: "I'll stay here for a bit. Goodnight Ms. Fonda."

Ms. Fonda: "Goodnight Y/n." as she yawns and goes up to her room. I again return to my book then found a headline and some ripped pages.

Y/n's thought: "Shadow Game? Why does this part have been ripped out? And I bought this book with high price too. Dang it..." as I sigh frustrated and close the book. At that moment, the door to the dorm opened revealing Alexis.

Y/n: "Welcome back. What got you outside so late?" as she closed the door and stood in front of me.

Alexis: "Just went out for some fresh air. And why are still u-." she stopped mid-sentence as she noticed the books beside me, "Reading, huh? What are you reading about?" to which I shrug my shoulder.

Y/n: "Just stuffs. But this one here got its pages torn. It's something about Shadow Game." Alexis tensed up a bit after I said that, which didn't go unnoticed.

Y/n: "You know something, don't you?" She then shook her head.

Alexis: "That's something you shouldn't get involved with Y/n. That's all I'm gonna say. Now, let's get some sleep. It's late." She then head to our room as I stand up and follow close behind.