Chapter 1

Mira POV

"This is clone number four. Blood samples taken from the subject are promising. The lack of defects a-9125-4f/d-8916-9t appears to have been eradicated completely. Mental prowess appears to have declined due in part to drastic alterations to the genetic code used. I have rectified this by making alterations to the device. As a result, the gestational period required had been cut nearly in half." I said, "Begging the timer. If the subject passes 336 hours I'll know I'm on the right track. I know I still have a lot of work to do, but that doesn't make it hurt any less. End recording." I said as I ended the recording and took off my glasses, "I should probably get dinner started. But I don't feel like cooking." I complained, "Screw it we're going out to eat." I said as I went upstairs and found (y/n) trying to eat his fingers. This iteration of my baby is about three years old and this wouldn't be much of a problem if his mental aptitude wasn't diminished. "Oh honey, that's not food. Come on mama will change you and get you dressed so we can go out for din-din." I said as I picked him up. I took him to his room and put a new diaper on him and slipped him into a cute t-shirt and shorts. "I know you're definitely hungry, but mama will feed you soon. I'm gonna order us some food and then we will have to go pick it up." I said sweetly, "Do you think you can wait till then sweetheart?" I asked, he shook his head, "Alright but just a little snack to tie you over." I said.

I drove down the mountain and into town. (y/n) and I snacked on some Goldfish crackers. (y/n) began to get fussy, "Don't worry baby, mama will make everything all better soon." I said sweetly, "Mama!" He cried, "You just said, Mama!" I said happily in shock, "I suppose it doesn't matter if anyone sees us. It's not like I care about anyone other than you my love." I said as I unblocked him and pulled him up to the front with me. I unbuttoned my top and pulled out my breast, "Go ahead, darling. It's alright, mama will give you any and everything you could ever want and more. So go ahead, my love." I said as he latched on. "That's right darling, so long as you are with me nothing shall ever hurt you again. You and I shall live together forever." I said softly as he drank, I could feel the stares of the passers-by. Some were envious of my body, some envious of my child, some listing after me, and others disgusted with my shameless display. I reveled in it all, I've become the center of local gossip for one reason or another and I loved it all. But I loved one thing more than that; crushing the hearts of men and women who for one reason or another fell for me. It's become an addiction of sorts.

After some time we returned home, "It's dinner time sweetie. Here let Mama feed you." I said as I walked inside and sat the food on the counter, "M-Mama." (y/n) said weakly, suddenly he collapsed, "(Y/N)!" I shouted worriedly, but when I got to my son I was too late. He was dead. "This is doctor Mira Jones, this is recording number thirty-six. Clone number four, unfortunately, died less than 42 hours into the trial. Routine did not vary in significance. Clone number four ingested my breastmilk approximately an hour and a half ago. An autopsy shall yield further results and a cause of death. End recording." I said, "What happened? Was breastfeeding you a bad idea? Is my milk poison to your system? I promise you I will find the cause and fix this, my love." I said softly as I kissed his lips before taking him down to my lab.