Prologue

Colorado was always cold In January. Blistering cold to be precise. The kind of cold that when you step foot outside you might succumb to a bad case of frostbite. Evenings were much worse In terms of temperature, which was This man's favorite time of the day. Evening or some might call it nighttime either or it still means the same. The man was 6 foot tall 6 inches, curly hair, eyes brown but could pass for black if you looked at him a certain way, he had a typical face nothing special except for his horribly big nose which he can thank his father for. He'd never thank father for anything though he was just like the rest of the conformists just racing to their graves on their rat race to hell. His father was extremely abusive and demanded unrealistic standards too but that was a topic for another day. His mother named him Michael, she named him after a Saint. (Ha! How rediculous religion is a joke)a mother who chose drugs and alcohol over her son but he never knew her to judge her. His step mother was all he knew. He wore a gold earring, a plan button- down white shirt a black coat that went down to his ankles and his boots. His used a cane sometimes for a condition that he would rather not speak about.  Michael was known for his group In school it was composed of him as leader and Pete, Henrietta and Firkle. They fell out of touch after graduating. Dating wasn't a thing The tall goth thought of often. He didn't find himself attractive and he didn't feel the need to date. Devoting his life to someone who's most likely a conformist made him want to befriend the vampires. He was good at avoiding things and acting as if he could control his emotions which were dismal but there could be something powerful enough to change his point of view.