Chapter 1

( Sorry that the chapter is kind of short )

"Catch me if you can!" Announced Eshima as she ran through the flower field, laughing. "Just wait, I'll catch up to you someday!" muttered Xen as he slowed to a stop, panting and sweating as hard as he possibly could. Eshima turned around and walked over to Xen, putting her hand on his back, saying "Yeah right, I'm just too fast for you." as she let out a weak laugh. Xen stood up and turned around to look Eshima in the eyes "You're so oblivious, Eshima.." sighed Xen in a tired voice "Huh, what do you mean??" said Eshima. Xen tackled her to the ground "Perfect chance, haha! Caught you!!"

"Ughhh, come on!" Eshima groaned, trying to push him off. Xen finally got off and sat next to her, Eshima's beautiful and long brunette hair flowed in the wind and her emerald eyes shimmered in the sunset. Eshima sighed and said "It's time to go home Xen, lets go." as she stood up, reaching out her hand for Xen to take. "Finee, lets go.." he said as he took her hand, standing up and racing her home.

"Hello, my name is Eshima Aiko and the boy is my brother, Xen Aiko. We're both 14 and I'm older by one month! We're both a freshman in high school at Birch Creek High of Reedwood Harbor. We live on the skirt of the island by the water and harbor."

Eshima and Xen arrived to their house to see it in flames, they ran to the front of the house and there was a crowd of people and firefighters. Xen ran ahead to look for their parents in the crowd, hoping that they weren't still in the burning house, while on the other hand Eshima tried to go into the house because she had something valuable in there.

A police officer reached his arm out in front of Eshima, blocking her path and saying "This house is off limits, no one can go inside, sorry ma'am." Eshima clenched her fists and her heart beat sped up "I'm sorry but I live here, I need to get through!" She said as she tried to push past the officer "Ma'am, I already said that the house is off limits, please wait to enter until later.." Eshima unclenched her fists and rolled her eyes "Fine, but later you better let me in or I'll force myself past you." the officer nodded and said thankfully "Thank you ma'am." Eshima walked away irritated but dealt with it.

On the other hand, Xen got stressed, considering he couldn't find his parents in the crowd. As he hastily checked the uneasy crowd, he bumped into Eshima. "Eshima! Have you seen mom or dad?! I can't find them anywhere in the crowd.. Could they?.." Xen's eyes were forming tears. Eshima kept shifting her weight as she stood there, anxious. "I didn't see them anywhere either, lets not have negative thoughts though. Maybe they went to look for us? They're always cautious about where we-" Eshima got cut off by yelling firefighters.

Both Eshima and Xen swung their heads around to face their house, find out what this sudden yelling is about. To their surprise, firefighters came out of the house with their unconscious parents in their arms. They had ash on their face and on their clothes..

Eshima put her hand over her mouth, tears were forming, but Xen bolted towards their parents. To his luck, an officer blocked him off as well. "Sir, you aren't allowed through. You must wait patiently." Xen didn't care. "Sorry but you're going to have to let me through, those are my parents, I LIVE HERE!" Xen repeatedly tried to push past the police officer but he was obviously weaker than a full grown man.

Eshima soon ran over "Sir, let us through!" she pushed with Xen on the last word, making it more of a grunt than a word. Both of their force together was enough to overpower the man. They both ran ahead, leaving the officer behind furious. They scurried over to their torpid parents. "Mom?! Dad??!" both of them shouted, in almost perfect unison. They were already balling their eyes out at this point, unfortunately, the same police officer from earlier came sprinting over, grabbing both kids by the arms, one in each firm hand, and dragging them away from the horrid scene.

Both of them were vulnerable at this point, they were too miserable to fight back from being dragged away.