Chapter 2

"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their opinion"

Song of the chapter:

_________________________

Chapter 2~

Sasha pov:

I'm fine.

Two words that can scream million words.

And why am I saying this well to be honest I don't know. I was listening to my best friend rant about her breakup. I know how hard it could be for her right now...

I've been there. And that causes some trust issues. Moving on....

Well dating just doesn't works for me. I think it is because I don't live up to their expectations. Like literally every guy I've been with expects so much for me and ends up getting disappointed. I mean do I believe in love? Yes I believe in Ross and Rachel. But in real life I don't know.

Plus being single is fun! Like you no need to send a morning texts. Or plan cheesy dates or worry about getting or giving gifts that the other might like etc...

"I'm fine! I'm fine! I'm fine!" She started muttering to her self angrily. I sighted and I picked up my phone and switched to the breakup playlist I made her last night.

Shout out to my ex by little mix.

I turned up to the maximum volume. "CMON SING ALONG. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO CRY OVER A GUY!" I screamed over the music and started jamming to myself.

"Shout out to my ex, you're really quite the man
You made my heart break and that made me who I am
Here's to my ex, hey, look at me now"

She stated to sing along and after a good "getting over an ex moment"
Andddd we may or may not have forgotten that our windows were down near a silent neighbourhood. We drove from there before they might call cops on us.

I turned to her and put my most "sasha the advice face" and said
"Look Zara, you deserve such better. Wait till you find your Ross or chandler! And

"Someone who values you wouldn't ever put themselves in a position to lose you"

She chuckled while wiping her tears "you know for someone who hasn't been on the dating era, you give some damn good advices".I smiled proudly "because I'm joey and food. Oh speaking of food. We need to get lunch and get back to work. I'm still have an article to finish" I sighted thinking of work. Godddd I need a break like a break break.  I mean cmon who am I kidding like I'm even getting one.

"By the way, how's that novel of yours coming up?"

"Not the best. Not the worst"

"Oh"

"Yeah"

"Just give yourself some time. Sure you will come up with a killer story and I'll be the happiest friend to see your books in every bookstore"

"May your words come true"

We stopped by for lunch and after a delicious sandwich and the amazing cheesecake. We ran.

Literally. 

We were 20 minutes late and our boss already hates us. Time really damn flies.

Yay promotion.

"We are really sorry Mrs. Blake. We got stuck in the traffic and ' ' ' "voices were fading away as I heard the commotion that is happening outside the window. It was like a blizzard outside. And that's when I felt emotionless. It felt like every single of my contentment was just sucked out.

All I saw was darkness and heard someone crying from afar as I saw someone walk towards--- I felt someone elbow me in the side. I blinked a few times as I turned to see zara and Mrs Blake looking at me weirdly. I just forced a short smile. Mrs. Blake just cleared her throat "Well, you both can get back to work. And Sasha I want that article on my desk first thing tomorrow morning and we have a meeting tomorrow. So don't pull this traffic shit again."

"Ye-s ma'am" I mumbled out still trying to get over the fact that I nearly had an panick attack in my boss's office. As we both rushed out. "You good sash? You looked like you blacked out?" Zara asked as we were walking towards our desks. "Yeah just admiring the beauty that is happening outside. How are we gonna go home in this uh blizzard?" I changed the topic, obviously not wanting to talk about it. "Well we have 2 hours left to worry ab- shit. Lauren's calling. Gotta go! Enjoy your article!" And she rushed of in her high heels nearly falling on her face. "Careful!" I shouted but to late she disappeared.

Alright. Back to work sash.

I sat down on my desk and switched to my playlist. Which for the fact was filled with Artic monkeys and 1975. And instantly my mood got better as I just enjoyed the rhythm, just then as I started to type... I heard my phone ringing. I mentally groaned as I picked up. "Hey Alex, what's up?" I heard him sneeze him on the other line. "Hey- so you love me right?"

I sighted "get to the point Mr. Zavier. What do you want"

"Well as you know I'm sick. And I can't get out if the apartment. Can you get me the book from one of friend? I need to read it and review on it before you would start review the food on my funeral"

"Yeah! Sure just send me his address. I'll get it for you tomorrow? The weather is not on our side today my friend"

"Yeah. Even get it on Friday no worries and you get to home safe. It looks horrendous outside. Since when did it rain like this in NYC"

"Alright. As much as I love this small talk gotta go bye" I ended the call before he could drag on. Sorry Alex just not feel chatty. We'll have our spa day for that.

You see not all days are shitty. Even through shitty days, we atleast find one happy element. I mean atleast there one thing or a person or a moment or song that can cheer us up and mine's is

Coffee.

______________________

Hope you guys liked it. Please don't hate me. I'm trying and this is my first story🤧.

Hope you guys have a great day!