Chapter 2:

PLEASE play some kind of hard rock or hard music while reading this to get the full experience. Thanks

When Emerson ran far off, she came across a building, the only on that wasn't dust or dirt by now. This one had a fresh coat of dark red paint plastered onto the brick. IT was really more of a bunker than a building. Emerson sat, picking through the books on the old wooden desk. She was looking for any clue of who this Mr. Derion was. A large explosion was heard outside of the large bunker she was kept in. She stood, grabbing her Glock 17, pointing the gun towards the entrance. Her blood rushed, adrenaline forced itself through her veins, her pupils dilating with the sudden rush. The fog cleared slightly and her tongue met her lips quickly, then retreating back into her mouth. Her lips were pink and rugged from her teeth tearing through them. Her eyes were a beautiful hazel as she focused. Breathe in, then out. A person in black emerged through the thin smoke, rifle in hand. Her eyes narrowed in and squeezed the trigger. A shot rang out through the room filled with books. The person fell with a loud thump as yells and commands were shouted. More people filed in the room and her eyes widened. She ran, bullets were flying through the walls. The once cream walls were now stained with gun powder and holes as she ran, clutching her gun tightly. She turned and everything seemed to be in slow motion. Emerson turned and gritted her teeth. Her finger fell in love with the trigger quickly, bullets the evidence of their love. Men and women fell quickly as she ran out of ammo. The furiousness in her eyes was met with a pair that she had seem earlier that night. "Hello Emerson, dear." She dropped her gun reaching for her knife in her book. "No hello for your father?" Emerson narrowed her eyes. "No." She said. It had been years since she'd spoken to someone. The knifes blade slid down her palm and the base met her cold fingers. "I never understood why your mother hated me so much." The man twisted a knife similar to hers between his fingertips. "You hated her, her work. Everything. Don't pull the sympathy card with me. It doesn't work." Emerson spat and he smiled wickedly and threw the knife with all his force. All at once, everything slowed. She ducked and with a loud crunching noise, her foot landed onto the man's knee. He yelped and fell down, slamming his head on the dark wood floor. A chair leg laid nearby and Emerson grabbed it, pushing it down onto Mr. Derion's neck. "Where's the child?!" She demanded and pushed harder on the wooden leg. He smiled and muttered, "Kill me. Please kill me. Feel the blood run through your fingers as you realize you just murdered a man." Emerson smiled sickly and narrowed her eyes as her smile dropped. "Woman, man, you name it I've killed it. What difference does it make. This world is in smithereens and rubble, no way of fixing it." Mr. Derion smiled and said, "If you should know, my dearest, the child is dead." As soon as the world rolled off his tongue, men were grabbing at Emerson's arms and she twisted and turned her body but to no avail. "Boys, take her to the dungeon. I will clean up this mess." The only thought ringing through Emerson's skull was that the child was dead. The only child who could stop this crazed man. The child with the warm honey skin, grey eyes holding onto all the pain the world has ever seen, and round red lips that have been stained with the finest cherries of all the world, or whatever was left of it. She also questioned why this man had a dungeon in times like this. Emerson was still struggling against the iron grip of the men. It was times like this she questioned why no one ever taught her to defend for herself. She sure was glad that she taught herself things like this before this disaster happened. The man on her left with crazy red hair smiled wickedly, showing brown caked teeth and punched her in the nose, a groan emitting from her throat. "See you soon." Her father said just before she was punched again and met the sweet sight of darkness.

Thanks for reading! I hope you are enjoying these chapters so far and I'll try to update as much as I possibly can.
Thanks again, Ace :3