Chapter 1

∾ Oh How the Tables Turn ∾

- Chapter 1-

The demon's head was smashed into the tiled floor. The man who had done it scoffed, muttering 'weak' under his breath. He turned to walk away, but not before giving the cowering demon on the floor a good kick in the side.

The man's name was Joey Drew, and he was the demon's tormenter for 89 years and counting. The demon, Bendy, was not a true demon, rather a sort of hybrid of one. A cartoon demon.

It didn't stop Joey from 'punishing' him. Bendy did all that he could to avoid the man's wrath. His body was already too broken to do much. One of his hind legs was shattered beyond repair, and Bendy was about as heavy as a wet pillow. Bendy didn't have a bed, rather he slept on ragged blankets. He always slept with one of them, and would die before he gave it up.

It was his only reminder of the life he once had. He used to be happy, but that was a long, long time ago. The blanket still smelled of his siblings. Boris was killed first. Joey had dissected him, leaving Bendy and Alice to find his remains. Alice was next. She had died when they tried to run away. It was only Bendy left now.

His dearly departed siblings, but perhaps they were the lucky ones. They weren't subdued to this torture, like he was. Joey harmed him on an almost daily basis. Whether it be a kick in the side, or tied to the bed, Bendy was always in pain. It didn't matter if it was emotional or physical anymore.

Bendy survived on scraps and cat food now. Joey was kind enough to give him half a can of cat food every week. It was better than nothing, Bendy thought. He would root through the garbage for leftovers, and if something fell on the floor he would lap it up. Like a dog. But if that is what he had to do to survive, then that was what he would do.

He was too afraid to eat people food that wasn't ruined. Last time he had tried, he had almost died. As a further incentive not to eat normal food, Joey had filed down his teeth and claws. He was about as dangerous as a sock now, and had trouble eating anything solid.

To Joey, he was like a personal servant. He would clean up his messes, and was a perfect stress toy. It didn't matter that Bendy was unhappy, he was just a demon. He didn't even have an opinion, since Joey had taken away his voice. A tight collar was wrapped around his neck, and made breathing difficult. It had bars going through the demon's neck, leaving no chance for escape. Joey was rather pleased at himself for that development. The crying had been getting rather annoying.

Besides, that useless demon cost him his studio. Him and his worthless siblings, which he had the divine pleasure of killing off, would pay for what they did. That studio was his heart and soul, and he'd been forced to sell it because of those rats. At least, that was Joey's reasoning.

But alas, the day had come. The day he was finally going to get rid of that useless demon. Joey shoved the shivering toon into a medium sized carrier, too small for him to fit comfortably. He made sure none of the demon was able to be seen, before heading off. He left his apartment complex, sliding into his car and peeling out of the parking lot.

Bendy was in the trunk, his carrier sliding from side to side as Joey made sharp turns on purpose. The demon had no clue where they were going, but knew to stay quiet. His instincts had been sharpened with his years of abuse, making him very alert and conscious to his surroundings. The blanket was in there with him too, so he would be fine.

The car slowly rolled to a stop, as the man driving it hopped out. The car was parked in front of an old abandoned building, the house boarded up from the outside with a note on the door. He ignored the demon for now, glancing at the surrounding area before picking a broken planter pot up off the stoop. A large bundle of cash lay under it, and the man's eyes shone with glee. He pocketed the money, drooling over his thoughts on what he would buy.