Chapter 1

"UGH!!! I don't get geometry at all!!!" I said pretending to bang my head on the granite table. "C'mon Hails it's not THAT hard," Christina said " besides you're getting to understand it more, plus you're one of the smartest kids at school. I don't see how this is hard to you" I obviously knew what she was doing. Killing me with kindness ( her specialty ).

"THAT'S BESIDES THE POINT!!!" I screamed so loud that the customers stared at me like if I had three heads. At this point Christina was doing the same thing.

"Look can't I just study later? I wanna get back to cooking already." I complained.

"You like cooking a lot don't you Hailey" she said.

"Yes. Yes I do," I said.

"Do you understand geometry yet?"

"Maybe......."

"Just go" she said with a smirk.

"YES!!!" I said as I started to cook up a few orders.

Christina's in her early twenties, but can't go to college 'cause she doesn't have enough money to. So she decided to take over the family business. She's not like my sister or anything she's just a close friend. We're neighbors actully. We've just been really close to her family.

* TIME SKIP *

"Closing time!" Christy said.

"Thanks! I feel like I'm gonna pass out soon" I say. I heard Christy giggle thinking that I'm just the weirdest kid. I hear a close by car horn from my older brother Daniel. "Gotta run bye!" I said grabbing my backpack from a chair. I look back at the title of the resturant *around the world* imprinted in tangerine orange ( I don't know why, but I compare colors with food ). "See you tommorow Hails," Christy said back.