Chapter 3: The Candidate's First Official Duel

Disclaimer: The following is a non-profit fan based fanfiction. Hyperdimension Neptunia is owned by Tsunako, Idea Factory, Felistella, and Compile Heart.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, and all other series are created by Takahashi Kazuki.

Please support the official release and have a great day! :)

Chapter 3: The Candidate's First Official Duel

Location: Planeptune Basilicom

Time: 12:00pm

Back in the world of Gamindustri, one whole hour had passed since the CPUs had disappeared and arrived in Azure's world to play the game of Duel Monsters.

Inside of a large dark room with a large, glowing, periwinkle-blue colored diamond with a white power symbol on it. And there was someone, or rather, something that was inside of the room, staring at the crystal with a rather concerned look on her face.

This individual was known as Histoire, and she was the Oracle of Planeptune. She may look young, but she knows more about Gamindustri than even the oldest living human. Truth be told, she is actually the personified form of the tome on which she sits, born in Planeptune with the sole duty to keep a record of Gamindustri's history.

As a fairy/human-like being, she resembles a little girl with very light blond hair worn in curled pigtails and curled bangs going in both directions, along with long curled bangs that frame her face, reaching her chest. Her eyes are blue and she has fair-tan skin. She also wears a hat consisting of a white segment and purple and gold bows on the sides with the letter N in the center. She also has purple and blue, butterfly-like wings, while her hat has blue headphone-like pieces over her ears. Histoire wears a purple dress, but it has open shoulders and a teal tie. Her leg-wear consists of thigh high socks and white shoes with green circles with a black lining on the center.

As Histoire looked at the crystal, she couldn't help but think about what had happened to Neptune.

Histoire: (Neptune... Where could you have gone? If only you left behind some kind of sign, that way we'd all be able to find out where you and the other CPUs have disappeared too...)

Then, as soon as Histoire sighed in worry, four individuals entered the room and began walking over to the Oracle of Planeptune.

These four girls were the CPU Candidates, who are the younger sisters of each nation's CPUs, and the candidates for the next generation of CPUs. Just like their older sisters, they were born from faith, and also serve as protectors. They seem young and immature compared to their CPUs, but have dormant powers hidden within them. Currently, Leanbox is the only nation without a CPU Candidate.

Nepgear: Umm... Excuse me, Histoire. I hope we're not disturbing you.

One of the girls that walked up to Histoire was Neptune's younger sister and Planeptune's CPU Candidate herself, Nepgear.

Nepgear's appearance is similar to Neptune's. She has long light purple hair with a single D-pad hair clip and violet eyes and wears a white, button up sailor uniform with purple designs and a yellow ribbon being held together by the N-emblem. Nepgear wears thigh high socks with pink and white stripes and medium sized boots that match her uniform in color scheme.

Alongside Nepgear were the other three CPU Candidates, one of them was Noire's little sister and Lastation's CPU Candidate, Uni.

Uni has red eyes and black hair worn in two pigtails that are tied up by two black ribbons with white stripes. She wears a black one-piece pleated dress decorated with white stripes at the bottom of the pleats. She also wears matching arm warmers and shoes with knee high black socks sharing the same color scheme as her dress.