Chapter 1

"I think I already found my favorite subject." - Taehyung

Taehyung POV:

It has been 2 weeks since I was discharged from the hospital. I was unconscious for a week from the time I had the accident. I woke up not remembering anything from my past. The doctor said that my memory may have been lost due to the trauma brought by the accident. He said that there are cases where this happens and is only temporary. Since I got home, I have been having mild to severe headaches whenever I force myself to remember my past. My doctor recommended for me to be in a less stressful environment; an environment where I won't be triggered with anything connected to my past. He said that I need to focus on myself first. Find myself first before trying to remember other people in my life. Surprisingly, I only remember my grandparents. Because of this, my parents decided to send me to where my grandparents' live. They thought that they can help me find myself without forcing me to remember other things.

Today is the day. I got my headphone on. I'm listening to the music that I enjoy listening to for the past few days. I think I got everything I might need during my stay with grandma until the end of summer. I guess everything will be fine. I hope...

It was late afternoon when I arrived at the place.

Taehyung: "Thank you Hyung for taking me here." He said to the driver. The driver just nods and left.

Grandma: "Taetae!" She exclaimed. She came rushing to Taehyung to give him a hug. "Look at you, you're tall and very handsome. You look exactly like your dad." She said.

Taehyung: "I do?" He asked.

Grandma: "Yes, yes! I'm sure you would agree if you see your dad's photos when he was at your age." She explained with a smile. "Alright, let's get inside." She said while leading Taehyung to the house.

They got inside the house.

Grandma: "So, this is your room." She opened the door. "You can put your things here. And this is the bathroom." She said. "You can take a rest for a while. Driving all the way here must be tiring." She smiled. Taehyung did not respond. "I'll leave you for a moment. I just need to prepare for dinner, okay?" She said.

Taehyung: "Where's grandpa?" He asked before she gets to close the door.

Grandma: "My Taetae. You probably do not remember but your grandpa is not with us anymore. It's been 2 years." She answered. She smiled a bit then left.

Taehyung POV:

Next day.

I slept well last night. I think it's the best sleep I ever had since I had the accident. Maybe I feel comfortable at this place because I had a lot of good memories here. Although I don't remember those, I'm sure that those are good memories back when I was a kid.

It's a quiet day. I have been exploring the place. I like that the environment is very homey, the house is traditional but with a touch of modern designs. I can see myself living here.

Taehyung: "Let's see what is this room." He said to himself while peeking through the door. "Oh, a library." He was checking on each shelf, looking at the title of the books when something caught his attention. "A camera! Hmmm. Still looks good!" He said.

Grandma: "That's your grandpa's camera. You know... Your grandpa likes photography. That's the last one he used to take beautiful pictures before he...." She stopped. Taehyung looked at her. "The door is open so I thought you are here." She smiled.

Taehyung: " Grandma, is it okay if I use this while I'm here?" He asked.

Grandma: "Go ahead! I'm sure grandpa will be happy seeing you using that." She smiled. "Come on. Lunch is ready." She said.

Taehyung: "Thank you! I'll just take this to my room then follow you in the dining area." He responded. His grandma just smiled and left.

Taehyung POV:

It has been a week. Today, I am going out to check on the neighborhood. I have been enjoying taking pictures in the backyard garden but I want to find more subjects. It's afternoon, I'm sitting under a tree in the park, taking pictures from afar when my camera captured something.

She was riding a bicycle. She's wearing a nice summer dress. Her hair beautifully moves with the wind. Her eyes, lips, her smile. She's simply beautiful. I continue taking her pictures from afar, zooming in so I can take clear pictures while trying not to be noticed by her but she unknowingly looked at me. Two more clicks and I captured her beautiful face. I felt awkward and shy when she noticed me so I abruptly stopped, stood up, and walk away. I walked as fast as I could without looking back.

Night came.

Taehyung POV:

I was lying in my bed checking the pictures I took today. While scrolling through the photos one by one, I end up staring at her pictures. In an instant, she made my heart flutter. I think I already found my favorite subject.