FOUR

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 :
a helpful hand

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

    "MARVIN!" THE COP they saved repeated, this time enthusiastically, rushing forward to smile at the helpful man

Marvin acknowledged him with a nod and a small smile, obviously relieved to see someone he knew was still alive, "Elliot."

Elliot sighed in relief, "Man, it's good to know you're alive."

"Same for you." The man looked at the pair who were watching and recognized their mutual confused expressions, "Marvin Branagh." The helpful man introduced.

     "Leon Kennedy." The blonde spoke still from his sitting position as Marvin turned to the girl in front of him.

     "Rae Silivan." Marvin nodded at her to acknowledge her words.

     "Oh, I didn't introduce myself did I? I'm Elliot." The man they helped interrupted, "Thanks for earlier."

Leon nodded and motioned to the shut gate, "Thanks for five seconds ago."

     "It was no problem, Leon," Marvin assured as he started to walk back into the main hall. Elliot followed immediately but Leon turned around to make sure Rae was. Noticing his wave, she stuck by his side but was still distracted.

Rae was just happy they were somewhere with working lights and no zombies in sight.

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     "Does anyone know what started this?" Leon asked as he put on a police uniform.

     Rae had already finished getting into one, she had changed hastily in the room Leon cleared earlier. Though not being an officer there were a few spares and they decided to give one to her because well—it was a strange time. The girl was glad to know it came with a flashlight of her own.

She had asked if they had a spare gun, but neither cop would give her theirs. Rae could understand why, even though they weren't the ones traveling through the building with no weapon besides a pocket knife. They did mention however that there might be an extra in the locker room or STARS office.

      "Not a clue." Marvin denied, watching the computer for movement carefully, "But, honestly, all you need to know is that this place will eat you alive if you aren't careful."