TEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙚𝙣 :
worried companion

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     THEY DROVE FORWARD toward the tyrant and Leon quickly

THEY DROVE FORWARD toward the tyrant and Leon quickly. The creature let go of Leon as the vehicle advanced, allowing him to get out of the way before the car rammed into the tall creature's body.

     The creature smacked into the concrete wall and tried to move but it was pinned between the hard material and the car. Leon caught his breath before—as quickly as he could—backing away and lifting his gun, pointing it cautiously at the tyrant.

     A familiar figure opened the door and exited, revealing the driver to be Ada. She joined him outside of the car, leaving the vehicle pressed against the tyrant, he was trapped. Leon asked between a cough, "Ada?!"

     "This is getting old. Saving your ass—that's twice." She said instead of explaining why she was there still.

     "I didn't realize you were keeping score." Leon retorted, his throat feeling raw from being choked.

     "Look," Ada spoke seriously, "this isn't a game."

     The car moved back, and the hand belonging to the tyrant began to squeeze the side of the vehicle. "Nothing dies down here," Ada complained. Leon watched as Ada lifted her gun, and shot something inside of the car. An explosion rang out of the room and the car exploded against the tyrant.

     No longer could they see him. He was presumed dead, since he was out of view.

The blast should have killed him anyways, so it wasn't too much of a leap. Ada took the next step. "I take it you have to keycard?" Ada inquired but Leon turned around, not acknowledging her words as he remembered his partner.

"Rae!" Leon called out then noticed she wasn't moving, instead unconscious on the floor, "Shit!"

Leon gently lifted her face after observing her limp body. A pit of dark emotions began to build in his stomach as he worried about the fate of his partner. What would he do if she was dead? No, she couldn't be dead. His hands grasped her shoulders, rolling her onto her back so he could see her face.

     Leon bent down, putting his ear by her lips to try and hear a breath while his fingers went to her neck to try and find a pulse. He suddenly heard her groan almost inaudibly in his ear and backed away quickly. Leon watched her eyes slowly open while her face contorted with pain.