TWELVE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚 :
jealousy, jealousy

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     "THE CABLE CAR'LL TAKE US DOWN TO NEST," Ada explained

"THE CABLE CAR'LL TAKE US DOWN TO NEST," Ada explained. Rae shot Leon a glance. He never mentioned a cable car when he had gotten back with the chess pieces, she wondered if he knew about it. "This wristband's our ticket to ride."

"Nice," Leon commented, but it seemed kind of blank. Like he wasn't mentally there with them. Rae assumed she didn't have any place to talk, having also been in her mind. "Where'd you get that?"

"Borrowed it," Ada informed. She led them upstairs and then through a door, this revealed a cable car but Rae didn't have time to admire it, instead continuing to move towards it to climb aboard.

"Urgh..." Ada paused and grabbed the railing beside her, leaning against it and holding her leg. "this damn leg..."

Leon offered quickly, "Let me carry you—"

"No." Ada shut down fast. "That'd only make me feel worse."

     It would make Rae feel worse too.

"How's your shoulder?" Rae asked Leon to try and take her mind off of her emotions. Perhaps asking the source of them a question wasn't the best idea though.

"Worse than it looks," Leon answered honestly. Then he scanned Rae's appearance to try and gauge how comfortable she was with walking, "How's the leg?"

"Hurts like a bitch." Rae admitted. She wasn't exaggerating either. Every time she stepped with the leg it felt like knives were digging into her calf. And after diving into all the sewer water, it more than likely had some kind of infection.

"What a trio." Ada piped as they finished crossing the bridge. "All got one foot in the grave." After saying this she noticed the group had reached the door of the cable car and informed,

"That should take us where we need to go." She took the lead and used the wristband to unlock the electronic lock. The sign on the door beeped and turned to green, then the door slid open.

"This may be a one-way ride. So be prepared." Ada entered and took a seat as she warned the two. Both followed her in, finding two steps that led back and one set that led forward, extending the car's length by a variation of height.

Ada took a seat on a bench, and there was another across from it. Leon walked past Ada to reach the controls and figuring he had it, Rae sat down on the bench across from Ada.